Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Any other interests apart from photography?

ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
3 Jun 2013 10:53PM
you'd love the Triton Extreme - it's got a Korg Z1 board inside it, so you've effectively for a 12-note poly megasynth in it... which I never really program, but it's rather meaty and there's loads of Programs on the web

I used the MS2000 on 3 songs at a gig yesterday - including a Killers tune.

very useful little fella

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles 10 3.3k 9 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2013 8:18AM
Archery, Guitar, Hiking, Kiting
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2013 9:13AM
Walking, cycling, eating, travel, barber shop singing
4 Jun 2013 10:35AM
I love walking with our dog we are in a group so it can b fun plus I do agility with our dog too lol so I suppose we are
Both keeping fit Smile
JohnParminter 7 1.2k 14 England
4 Jun 2013 11:03AM
Fell running and racing for 30 odd years, mostly in the Lakes but occasionally in Yorkshire and Scotland.

Fell walking, mostly in Scotland these days in a half-hearted attempt to climb all the Munros.

Mountain biking, but only when my legs are knackered from fell running.

Cricket. Practicing with my son in a batting net I built in our garden, playing evening 20 over cricket in Aberdeen.

Gardening, usually involves cutting grass and preparing the above mentioned batting net.
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
4 Jun 2013 11:20AM
did you ever do Pendle Hill John? That used to start in my village, Pendleton, always thought they were a bit mad "running" up there - but hats off, they were up and down in no time at all!
4 Jun 2013 12:33PM

Quote:did you ever do Pendle Hill John?

Never done Pendle, but done Ingleborough, Pen Y Ghent and the Three Peaks a few times over the years plus Hutton Roof, Bentham Knott, Settle Hills and Wray Caton Moor in the Lancs/Yorkshire area.

I quite like the Yorkshire races, they tend to be more runnable and less technical than the craggy and rough Lakeland races.
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2013 12:57PM
Gardening, Gardening & Gardening. IT for work, DIY for home, And I'd love to start cycling and running again if I ever find time.

Dabbled with the Guitar, Painting and Star gazing, but so much of my spare time is photography now Smile
c40uk 1 82 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2013 8:00PM
cycling
thewilliam 6 4.7k
4 Jun 2013 8:39PM
I love music, especially jazz. She-who-must-be-obeyed gave me a very nice saxophone for Christmas 4 or 5 years ago but the noises still barely qualify as music. Why can't musical instruments be like cameras where mere possession of a good camera will guarantee good pictures?
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
4 Jun 2013 9:13PM
I heard a fantastic saxophone player say once; "It has to come from the diaphragm, deep down in the belly, to get the right sound."
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
4 Jun 2013 9:42PM

Quote:did you ever do Pendle Hill John?

Never done Pendle, but done Ingleborough, Pen Y Ghent and the Three Peaks a few times over the years plus Hutton Roof, Bentham Knott, Settle Hills and Wray Caton Moor in the Lancs/Yorkshire area.

I quite like the Yorkshire races, they tend to be more runnable and less technical than the craggy and rough Lakeland races.

Pendle's deceptively small actually, a mere 1831 feet, but the surroundings are really low so it looks like the "4th peak" if you park in the middle of them all Wink

Used to know that end of the dales pretty well actually - now I'm in Leeds, it's the "far end" of the dales. if that makes sense.

Ever done the Bob Graham - know a couple of people who survived to tell the tale!
5 Jun 2013 7:13AM

Quote:Ever done the Bob Graham - know a couple of people who survived to tell the tale!

I had hopes to attempt it when I turned 40 but it coincided with working in Aberdeen so I just couldn't get the training in and so the idea fell by the wayside. I know most of the sections and have trained on a few but I think it is probably too late now to seriously think about it.

However, The Joss Naylor challenge is specifically for over 50s, it is about 50 miles from Pooley Bridge to Wasdale and the qualification is under 12 hours. I've got 3 years to think and train for it, some regard it as a harder challenge than the Bob, time-wise. I think you are allowed 24 hrs when 60, I might wait for that though........ Wink
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
5 Jun 2013 8:45AM
lol - hope you do it Smile

My mate Jason was in the lakes every weekend for months training - think he managed it in 22 hours.

I think you need the same genes as a mountain goat to stand a real chance Wink

The Pooley Bridge -Wasdale one sounds a great route, see loads of the Lakes going that way Smile Not that you'll get chance to shoot any of it Wink

good luck
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
5 Jun 2013 1:14PM
Hands up on the Bob Graham although my Father has done it five times...the last was as a 75th Birthday present.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.