Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Any photojournalist here?

TonyCoridan 1 137 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 9:06PM
Hey friends,

Has any of you here done any photo journalism work/course/ have experience?

Can you direct me to your work, please!

Thanks,

Tony

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
5 Feb 2013 11:04PM
Why?
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Feb 2013 2:46AM
Yes why Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Feb 2013 3:26AM
What do you actually mean by 'photojournalism'. It's a term used to cover a few different genres. Smile
andart 12 491 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 8:42AM
have a look at magnum - there are a few photojournalists on there Wink
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
6 Feb 2013 10:38AM

Quote:Have a look at magnum - there are a few photojournalists on there Wink

Grin Sad Smile Tongue Wink

6 Feb 2013 1:22PM
Hey,

I'm just interested about what is photojournalism is and if someone here is a photojournalist maybe he/she can try and show me his/her works and try and described/define it...please
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
6 Feb 2013 1:30PM
We do have many photo journalists as members some more active than others. I can think of a couple who spring to mind that are worth looking at Paul Drabble He's an old friend from Sheffield. Sam Furlong press photographer - he's not active on here this year, but you'll get a feel for his work in his portfolio. Luke Smith does photojournalism type stuff for his company and produces some really cool environmental portraits
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 3:14PM
I spent a lifetime as a press/ magazine/ editorial/ studio/ showbiz/ occasional war photographer. I have some stuff *here* but most of my mine that earns money these days is in my library with my agent.

Photojournalist in the business is regarded as a bit of an airy-fairy term, you are a photographer. Photojournalism really implies someone who writes their own story as well as takes pictures. A good start for you would be to go to Magnum

An old friend of mine and in my opinion one of the best photographers around is Tom Stoddart. You can see some of his work *here* . Tom is the most unassuming of people and one of those phoographers who takes good pictures and never talks them as so many do.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
6 Feb 2013 3:17PM
Sorry David, I knew I'd miss some of the main names! Also Horace - Graflex Apologies to others who're equally talented.
6 Feb 2013 3:46PM
Geat stuff guys, I love being here...what a great community!

Thank you all for the posts!

Tony
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 3:56PM

Quote:Sorry David, I knew I'd miss some of the main names

I'm an old timer, Pete so not so relevant to the OP's question. You wait until you're old and no one wants you any more.....voice fades away and violin starts to play a plaintive melody....
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
6 Feb 2013 4:06PM

Quote: Photojournalism really implies someone who writes their own story as well as takes pictures. .

Different people have different definitions. Some would say that photojournalists tell their story only through pictures, rather than using words at all. And I guess there are many shades in between.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 4:09PM

Quote:Some would say that photojournalists tell their story only through pictures, rather than using words at all

Must admit that's my interpretation
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 4:34PM
The well acclaimed Picture Post is regarded as the icon for photojournalism that is said to have never been surpassed.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.