Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Any poppy fields near Teesside?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LeighRebecca
19 Jun 2009 - 8:19 PM

I've been keeping my eyes open when I've been out and about, and my Dad lives in Kirkby Moorside, and has had a good look around, but we haven't seen any good poppy fields nearby this year. Does anybody know the location of any poppy fields that are anything like near to me i.e. a 30-40 mile radius of Saltburn on the North east coast? Or am I too late now anyway? Thanks

Leigh

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Jun 2009 - 8:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_H
Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 8:49 PM

You are not too late as the best colours are only now starting and will still be good well into August.

I cant help on any locations where you live though.

Last Modified By Chris_H at 19 Jun 2009 - 8:49 PM
LeighRebecca
19 Jun 2009 - 9:25 PM

Oh, well that is certainly promising. Thanks. I have never photographed poppies before.

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 9:28 PM

ours are just starting, it will be well into July before they get to their best
Phil

LeighRebecca
19 Jun 2009 - 9:30 PM

Ah, maybe I've been looking a little too early, as it's pretty cool up here, and we tend to be later than much of the country with such things.

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 10:38 PM

we are off up to Farne on Sunday morning, of we see anything promising in the fields en route i will let you know
Phil

LeighRebecca
19 Jun 2009 - 10:45 PM

Oh, wow, have a great time. Thanks.

Graysta
Graysta  91131 forum posts England
20 Jun 2009 - 7:31 AM

Poppys are usually found in rape fields,if the farmer has not sprayed for them they emerge in abundance, i would have thought that around Kirbymoorside there should be a few,try the roads towards Helmsley and Giusborough,i was up near Roseberry topping a week or 2 ago and there were some fields almost full of red.

Graham

User_Removed
20 Jun 2009 - 8:31 AM

Quote: Poppys are usually found in rape fields

eh? Not sure about the usually Smile

Poppies like any kind of 'disturbed' ground - so everything from a building site to a waste tip to a field of crops (of any sort) is likely to turn up trumps Smile

Graysta
20 Jun 2009 - 8:46 AM

Yes Barrie your right,i mearly ment that rape fields are a good place to start as they do seem to attract poppys if not attended to by spraying.

User_Removed
20 Jun 2009 - 8:47 AM

Would look nice too.. a splash of red in the yellow Smile

LeighRebecca
20 Jun 2009 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for that. I'm heading out to Guisborough and Kirkby today, and having another scout around near Pickering. Maybe I'll get luckier today.

Graysta
20 Jun 2009 - 2:51 PM

If you dont find any today,at the side of Bridlington hospital there is exactly what you want a rape field laden with bright red poppies.Just passed it today.

Graham

Barbaraj
Barbaraj  7450 forum posts England
20 Jun 2009 - 4:45 PM

There is a field with some in near Whiburn up the coast a bit. they were mixed with rape seed .

mark_delta
20 Jun 2009 - 4:46 PM

Always best shot near dusk or sunrise, darker skys, less UV and better saturation

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.