Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Any togs in Cumbria with some time to spare

lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2011 9:25PM
I came across this blog today and saw the simple wish:

Quote:To have a nice picture taken with Mabel

and also

Quote:To have a photoshoot with Milly, Clarissa, Sammie and Megs

they seem such simple requests, I just wonder f anyone could help out.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
7 Jun 2011 9:29PM
Bless her.....Sad
Hope someone could help her.
thewaiter 13 1.2k 9 England
7 Jun 2011 9:35PM
jeepers..... Sad heart breaking to read ...........
thewaiter 13 1.2k 9 England
7 Jun 2011 9:38PM
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2011 9:38PM
SOMEONE in that part of the country MUST be able to offer some help with this.... Sad

I don't know how i would cope with the reality of that if it happened to me.... Sad

I am putting this list on my facebook page and asking everyone to help spread the word.... Smile incase anyone can help with the list.
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2011 9:58PM
Reading through the comments, she does seem to have at least one photoshoot offer now Smile
7 Jun 2011 10:20PM
I am a little way out from Ulverston, (Blackpool) but If the current offer falls through then I will be willing to do it.
ARJones 8 103 3 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2011 11:26PM
Copied to two tog friends in Cumbria.
Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
8 Jun 2011 8:45AM
A very heart warming story.

I grew up in Ulverston and my parents still live there. I may be planning a visit there this summer, so I will contact her closer to the time if I do and see if I can take her and mabel out for a walk on Birkrigg common and Bardsea beach with my camera at the ready.
8 Jun 2011 10:59AM
There seems to be a Photography Society in Ulverston, but either the gateway at work wont let me view, or their site is down!

Ulverston Photographic Society

ARJones, if your friends are able to help on this, please let me know, if not I am going to try and get something organised by scouring the local photographers. Being an Ulverston lad, I feel quite strongly about this heart warming bucket list.
8 Jun 2011 11:42AM
I have also contacted the local newspaper, The Barrow and District Evening Mail, to see if they can also help out.

Andy
8 Jun 2011 7:51PM
Hi Andy, I'd have preferred to keep my offer of assistance under wraps, but as I'm a newish Member I can't send you a private message. Grrrrr!
Anyway, I'm not too many miles away (as the crow flies at least), so I've sent them an e-mail offering to go up there whenever she can assemble all her friends in one place. Plus she's listed an interest in photography, so I can take a spare body and lens with me so she can take some of her own photos of her friends and her dog. I'm sure they'd mean more than just me providing some.
So I'll wait to see what happens, maybe there'll be plenty of more local offers after all this.

Oh, and I was born down the road in Barrow so I have a local connection. Not to mention the fact that my favourite brewery used to be there!

Dave L.
MaryMac 8 258 1 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2011 9:53PM
what a brave young girl she is bless her and bless anyone who makes this girls wish come true
9 Jun 2011 10:03AM
Hiya Dave

Thankyou very much! It is very generous of you! I was actually born in Barrow, but lived in Ulverston before I fled to nest. (Barrow was the big city to me when I was young!) I have offered to take her out with her dog in the summer and see what photo's we can get.

I also posted her link on my facebook page and have just received an e-mail from a friend who saw it saying an e-mail has been sent to Bruce, the MD of Merlin, with reference to the Alton Towers Wishes!

Andy
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Jun 2011 12:44PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.