Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anybody experience of this laptop?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Nov 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'm after a new laptop because the crank handle on my old one is too short. Has anybody got any (informed) opinions on this one?

Cheers

Ian

Last Modified By digicammad at 24 Nov 2011 - 11:47 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Nov 2011 - 11:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  46152 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Nov 2011 - 12:29 PM

Specs look OK and I know a ew people who run Toshiba laptops. I would say go for it.
    Last year I paid the same sort of price for a 15" Dell with i3 processor and 3GB RAM (maybe a better graphics card ) so the price seems pretty good as well.

digicammad
    24 Nov 2011 - 1:11 PM

Thanks Mike

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
    24 Nov 2011 - 2:56 PM

I can recommend this one - it's similar spec to mine (except I have more RAM and a slightly faster i7)

digicammad
    24 Nov 2011 - 2:58 PM

Nice Bri and if I had just won the lottery I may be tempted. Smile

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
    24 Nov 2011 - 3:53 PM

It's without doubt the most powerful PC I've ever used Smile

(I should point out, it's my work PC, not my own)

bigalguitarpicker
    25 Nov 2011 - 12:07 PM

I use a Toshiba L500, which is a lot better than the 5 year old PC World laptop I first had. It was fine too, but eventually lay down and died! I'm well pleased with my L500 except for 2 things - it has a shiny screen, and doesn't have a firewire port. Lack of firewire means I have to download video from my MiniDV camcorder to my desktop PC, then copy to ExtHDD to access video clips from my laptop. My laptop is higher spec than my PC, so I prefer it for video editing.
    Alex.

saturns
    saturns  951 forum posts
    25 Nov 2011 - 9:21 PM

Ian,

I purchased the 12H model of the L775 3 months ago and have been delighted with it so far. I bought it for surfing mainly, didn't want to spend over 500 so went for this model with i3 dual core, 4GB Ram and the 17" screen. I find the screen and keyboard excellent. The only thing to note is it doesn't have a graphics card or a firewire port in case that's important consideration for you.

Craig

bellitems
    bellitems  2
    7 Jan 2012 - 7:53 AM

the toshiba laptop is durable but expensive than acer

digicammad
    7 Jan 2012 - 11:30 AM

Thanks everybody. I ended up going for an L775-14E with 6gb and am over the moon with it. LR and PS both load lightning fast and it's actually lighter than my old laptop even though it has a bigger screen.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.