Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Anybody got a Pana GF2?

KingBee e2
8 399 2 Scotland
25 Jan 2012 2:41PM
I know where I can buy one of those (red body, unfortunately), with 14mm pancake lens PLUS a free leather case, all for 279. This from a very reputable High St store, by the way.

I'm looking for something to complement my Lumix LX3 (sick of lugging the DSLR around). The GF2 has a larger sensor, I believe, so theroretically will give me better images.

Whatever, whilst I don't need the case as such, this seems like an excellent buy. Anyone disagree? I could always wait until the GX1 comes down in price .....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Jan 2012 2:56PM
I don`t use a GF2 and that`s a pretty good offer, I`ve seen those kits going on Amazon for the same price, red body as well Smile

You might find the 14mm lens a little limiting unless your planning on adding glass.

For a little more you could get a G2 with evf viewfinder and more external controls, it will be less menu driven as well and I beleve it has the same touch screen.
rob_marshall 3 96 1 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2012 3:13PM

Quote:...red body, unfortunately...

Nooooo! Don't say that. I have a red G1 and I love it. It looks so stylish in red. Black is boring!Grin
MeanGreeny e2
9 3.7k England
25 Jan 2012 3:19PM

Quote:I know where I can buy one of those (red body, unfortunately), with 14mm pancake lens PLUS a free leather case, all for 279. This from a very reputable High St store, by the way.

I'm looking for something to complement my Lumix LX3 (sick of lugging the DSLR around). The GF2 has a larger sensor, I believe, so theroretically will give me better images.

Whatever, whilst I don't need the case as such, this seems like an excellent buy. Anyone disagree? I could always wait until the GX1 comes down in price .....

The 14mm sells for between 150 and 310 depending on where you go [in UK]. It [I think] sells for 280 at your High St store - so in effect you get a free GF2!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Jan 2012 4:47PM

Quote:The 14mm sells for between 150 and 310 depending on where you go [in UK]. It [I think] sells for 280 at your High St store - so in effect you get a free GF2!

There is that as well, another good reason to buy Smile
KingBee e2
8 399 2 Scotland
26 Jan 2012 9:33AM

Quote:Nooooo! Don't say that. I have a red G1 and I love it. It looks so stylish in red. Black is boring!

I'd take a G1 in lurid Spandex if I thought I could justfiy the cost of one. Perceived by almost everyone in the business to be a better camera than either the G2 or 3, it's continuing relatively high price is a testament to that. One pre-owned-but-as-new sold recently on eBay for 425 - with a 20mm pancake, admittedly.

Quote:You might find the 14mm lens a little limiting unless your planning on adding glass.

I'll see how I get on with the 14mm. I'm a bit tired of zooms, handy though they are, and a fixed W/A lens would make me work harder for my images. I can always add glass later.

Anyway, thanks folks - that's all been very helpful.

Regards.

Bob

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.