Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anybody got a Pana GF2?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 7324 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2012 - 2:41 PM

I know where I can buy one of those (red body, unfortunately), with 14mm pancake lens PLUS a free leather case, all for 279. This from a very reputable High St store, by the way.

I'm looking for something to complement my Lumix LX3 (sick of lugging the DSLR around). The GF2 has a larger sensor, I believe, so theroretically will give me better images.

Whatever, whilst I don't need the case as such, this seems like an excellent buy. Anyone disagree? I could always wait until the GX1 comes down in price .....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Jan 2012 - 2:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214399 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2012 - 2:56 PM

I don`t use a GF2 and that`s a pretty good offer, I`ve seen those kits going on Amazon for the same price, red body as well Smile

You might find the 14mm lens a little limiting unless your planning on adding glass.

For a little more you could get a G2 with evf viewfinder and more external controls, it will be less menu driven as well and I beleve it has the same touch screen.

rob_marshall
    25 Jan 2012 - 3:13 PM

Quote: ...red body, unfortunately...

Nooooo! Don't say that. I have a red G1 and I love it. It looks so stylish in red. Black is boring!Grin

MeanGreeny
    25 Jan 2012 - 3:19 PM

Quote: I know where I can buy one of those (red body, unfortunately), with 14mm pancake lens PLUS a free leather case, all for 279. This from a very reputable High St store, by the way.

I'm looking for something to complement my Lumix LX3 (sick of lugging the DSLR around). The GF2 has a larger sensor, I believe, so theroretically will give me better images.

Whatever, whilst I don't need the case as such, this seems like an excellent buy. Anyone disagree? I could always wait until the GX1 comes down in price .....

The 14mm sells for between 150 and 310 depending on where you go [in UK]. It [I think] sells for 280 at your High St store - so in effect you get a free GF2!

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214399 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2012 - 4:47 PM

Quote: The 14mm sells for between 150 and 310 depending on where you go [in UK]. It [I think] sells for 280 at your High St store - so in effect you get a free GF2!

There is that as well, another good reason to buy Smile

KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 7324 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2012 - 9:33 AM

Quote: Nooooo! Don't say that. I have a red G1 and I love it. It looks so stylish in red. Black is boring!

I'd take a G1 in lurid Spandex if I thought I could justfiy the cost of one. Perceived by almost everyone in the business to be a better camera than either the G2 or 3, it's continuing relatively high price is a testament to that. One pre-owned-but-as-new sold recently on eBay for 425 - with a 20mm pancake, admittedly.

Quote: You might find the 14mm lens a little limiting unless your planning on adding glass.

I'll see how I get on with the 14mm. I'm a bit tired of zooms, handy though they are, and a fixed W/A lens would make me work harder for my images. I can always add glass later.

Anyway, thanks folks - that's all been very helpful.

Regards.

Bob

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.