Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anybody have a Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 afs vr?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Gary_Macleod
    19 Jun 2008 - 9:39 AM

just wondering if anybody out there could let me know how they find the nikon 70-300mm F4-5.6 afs vr lens? I've been toying with getting a 70 -300mm lens and at first was looking at the sigma APO version. it will be used along with a D80.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Jun 2008 - 9:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
    19 Jun 2008 - 10:27 AM

I have the Nikon 70-300mm VR on my D50. It's a brilliant lens. The VR system allows you to take photos handheld at 1/60th sec. It's very sharp too. I've used it for flowers and I'm very pleased.
    I wondered about the Sigma but someone on the forum when I did the same enquiry as you, put convincing arguments towards the Nikon.
    Good luck making your decision.
    JNC

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122204 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2008 - 6:16 PM

I've had one for just a few weeks now and am very impressed with it so far. As Jean-Noel says, the VR is very effective if you're careful. I'm afraid I've been using it almost exclusively for butterflies and insects up until now, and though it's no macro, it doesn't do a bad job. I did a lot of reading up before buying it and I think for the money you'd be hard pushed to do better.

Malcolm

alwolf
    alwolf  7341 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2008 - 6:30 PM

Ive got one teamed with a D80, and i think it's really good,couple of Motox images on PF taken with this lens........by the way i am no expert lol

alan

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62435 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    21 Jun 2008 - 9:29 AM

As others are saying it is a very good 70-300 with the bonus of up to 4 speeds VR and for an f5.6 lens quick AF.
    It is digitally sensor optimized, optically better than Nikon's previous versions, well built relative to price and very definitely worth buying.

douglasR
    douglasR  754 forum posts Scotland
    1 Jul 2008 - 8:38 PM

For the money it's a super lens, very sharp and the vr works brilliantly.

Clandestine
    4 Jul 2008 - 9:26 PM

I've got the Nikon 70-300 VR and the Sigma 70-300 APO (non HSM) and I actually prefer the Sigma without the VR.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.