Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone been to Cuba?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cyclopse
    cyclopse  9229 forum posts
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:52 AM

going to cuba in october just wondering if anyone has been and what it was like, staying
    at playa pasquera (or something like that)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jeanie
    jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:59 AM

Don't take American Express travellers cheques. My friend did, and they would not accept them... Had to get money sent over from family via Thompsons rep.

Jeanie

randomrubble
    18 Sep 2005 - 1:07 PM

I'm going in November, so 'bookmarking'

ReidFJR
    ReidFJR  9310 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Sep 2005 - 1:29 PM

I went to Cayo Coco in the North part of the Island last year at the sol melia - it was brilliant - fantastic turqioise blue beaches and white sand. went to Havana for the day and would recommend if you can that was brilliant also - Fished at Cayo romana - there is a web resource called Debbies Carribean Reviews whcih contains details of hotels and feedback from guests which is worth a visit - Id go back - F

cyclopse
    cyclopse  9229 forum posts
    18 Sep 2005 - 1:38 PM

just been on debbies site

cant wait to go, not looking forward to flight though

chris

nikon
    nikon e2 Member 11114 forum postsnikon vcard England
    18 Sep 2005 - 1:40 PM

Jeanie is quite right regarding the american travellers cheques (Not Liked). I usually take a little local currency and top up from A.T.Ms which are freely available. Be a little wary of changing money at street traders as there are two standards of currency, local Pesos and tourist Pesos, the tourist Pesos being about ten times the value of the local ones.
    If you get the chance you must take in a trip to Havana as it is so photogenic, and if you do go to Havana you must go and see the show at the Tropicanna night club, the stage show is just spectacular and not too expensive. I was there last year and the club is still the original open air venue dating back to the late 1940s, but very shortly it is due to move to a new venue.
    Have a great trip,
    Dave

nikon
    nikon e2 Member 11114 forum postsnikon vcard England
    18 Sep 2005 - 1:42 PM

Sorry, double clicked on send.
    Dave

Nic_WA
    Nic_WA  9179 forum posts Australia2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2005 - 3:47 PM

Just bookmarking Smile

randomrubble
    20 Sep 2005 - 4:47 AM

I have a couple of other queries about going to Cuba, also any other general advice would be most welcome!

Most important question is will I be able to use my Canon NC-E2 to charge my battery? Should I buy a spare, and are the cheaper alternatives to the Canon worth buying?

Also are there any specific items of photo kit anyone would recommend taking on such a trip? I'll be taking a 1Ds with 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200 lenses, a 2x converter a polariser and a couple of grads.

Thanks in advance.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.