Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone been to Hockney exhibition?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Camairish
    Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
    14 Apr 2012 - 8:02 PM

Did anyone get the opportunity to go to David Hockney's 'A Bigger Picture' exhibition in London recently? If so - how was it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Apr 2012 - 8:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

catgirl73
    catgirl73  6137 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Apr 2012 - 8:44 PM

Yes, I went, and was blown away with the colours he used. If you have tickets it is a 'must see'.

I'd seen Countryfile interview him just before Christmas, he showed them a road he went back to time after time. After the show I knew I had to go to the exhibition.

Camairish
    Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
    14 Apr 2012 - 9:09 PM

I never got the chance and it's closed now! May try to get tickets to the Bilbao leg of the exhibition and make a long weekend of it. Thanks for that feedback.

Steve-T
    Steve-T  751 forum posts England66 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yes I went in the last week and had to queue for 4hrs to get in Sad but it was worth the wait Smile the exhibition was stunning in scale, colour and impact. A couple of times I was stopped by a wow painting - I love how he sees colour and shape. I found it inspiring for my photography and it energised my desire to be more creative.

I was particularly interested in the paintings done on an iPad. What amazed me was the size of the prints and the quality bearing in mind the resolution of an iPad. Unkindly, I read a review that said these paintings looked like they have been done with felt pens and whilst I can see the point I do think these paintings are about Hockney's interpretation of colour.

Although colour and scale did dominate the exhibition I really enjoyed his charcoal drawings - technically superb IMO.

If there is a chance to see the exhibition in the future I would definitely recommend it.

Last Modified By Steve-T at 16 Apr 2012 - 11:53 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.