Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone else had this tripe?!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MaryMac
MaryMac  8258 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 8:06 PM

I recieved this mail tonight cant think how they got my home email address has anyone else had this ???????

An administrator of Digital Camera Magazine Community has sent the following email
to all users in the Everyone forum group.

Sent From: admin
Subject: Attention faggots

Your retarded administrators don't understand that repairing damage is meaningless unless you first fix the problem. This forum is now 4chan's bitch, and we shall do with it as we please. Since your administrators are completely incompetent we have decided to ban them, as well as change their passwords; we're sure you won't mind. We went easy on you this first time, prepare for the worst.

-Anonymous

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jan 2009 - 8:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 8:09 PM

if the site has been hacked I give it a few days - a week possibly - before the retards are bored and move on.
Might be an idea to block that address though - before the images start arriving (again if the site is hacked and one you are a member of)

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 8:10 PM

Are you a member of that site?
I've just had a look and it appears that their site was hacked which is where I presume they got your mail address from.

MaryMac
27 Jan 2009 - 8:15 PM

I was a member a long time ago and to be honest had forgotten about it i have just been on there site to see how to unsubscribe but cant see a link anyone know how I might do this ?
Thanks
Mary

MaryMac
27 Jan 2009 - 8:18 PM

I have added the address to my blocked senders list is that enough ?

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 8:20 PM

should be - if they are just going through the site they really won't care about your address. As for the site most forums don't have unsubscribe options as default (it breaks the forum threads if people just up and leave with everything) though one can ask in the forum for hte admin to remove them - best wait for the hackers to move on first though.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92972 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 8:24 PM

Block it and forget it, again.
Ken

MaryMac
27 Jan 2009 - 8:29 PM

Thanks I will do I just hate the thought of some brainless twit sending me something so rude !!!!!!!

User_Removed
27 Jan 2009 - 8:47 PM

Yup! I got it too...

IanFlindt
IanFlindt  9739 forum posts United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 9:30 PM

Yup, me too. I just deleted it without reading and then attempted to access the DCM website...."currently undergoing maintenance"!

VinceJones
27 Jan 2009 - 9:38 PM

I had this to.

If you check the senders email, it seems like it is coming from a company with the web name futurenet.co.uk

What I have done is found the companies website & I have forwarded the email off to the the head people who run the company. You never know, it might be someone who works for them plus if it is, they might be able to trace it to the individual concerned. It's worth a go anyway.

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93447 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 10:17 PM

Quote: If the site has been hacked I give it a few days - a week possibly - before the retards are bored and move on.

Language check please Alex.

Slippery_Jim
27 Jan 2009 - 11:06 PM

The site has most probably been hacked to harvest email addresses to sell on to spam companies

Kilcaff
Kilcaff  946 forum posts England
27 Jan 2009 - 11:32 PM

I got it too. They claim to be 4chan, who are the guys who soread that rick astley thing and also often hack websites and put up nonsense to scare monger. wiki them and it says what you need to know.
It probably isn't them though, seems too small fry a site for them. More likely copy cats.

I'm not happy with my info being on there, can't say I remember what I put in, but even my email address being there is frustrating me.

They'll repair the server in time. Just make sure you never open any attachments they send and keep you anti virus and firewalls up to date.

Slippery_Jim
27 Jan 2009 - 11:43 PM

Recent Wikipedia article about 4chan

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.