Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone familiar with carpet cleaners?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    justin c
    justin c  104518 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2013 - 12:06 PM

Apologies for a completely non photography related question but I was hoping I could count on the wealth of information available from Ephotozine members.

Carpet cleaners!! Having just decorated, I'm keen to get my carpets cleaned. My first thought was to get a quote for getting them cleaned, until it was suggested to me about hiring one and doing it myself. I'm more than happy to do them myself, in fact, I would probably prefer to as long as I'm able to do a good job.

A Google search revealed a couple of options; HSS Hire for about 18.50 (inc vat) for a days hire and this option RugDoctor for about 22.50 for a day and available from many local outlets.

My question is; Has anyone hired a carpet cleaner? Is it possible to get excellent results, preferably as good as having them done professionally? Anyone specifically used the machines from the companies above? Any tips, advice and pit falls to watch out for.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Feb 2013 - 12:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stuart463
    Stuart463 e2 Member 6560 forum postsStuart463 vcard United Kingdom
    1 Feb 2013 - 12:27 PM

I have used the Rug Doctor with excellent results. Hired mine from B&Q but beware, the detergent will cost extra ...

justin c
    1 Feb 2013 - 12:47 PM

That's encouraging. Thanks Stuart Smile. I've allowed for the extra cost of the detergent and any spot removal treatments.

whatsthisbuttondo
    whatsthisbuttondo e2 Member 3whatsthisbuttondo vcard England
    1 Feb 2013 - 1:11 PM

Rug doctor excellent save money by using carpet shampoo from home bargains

Weasellady
    Weasellady  1251 forum posts United Kingdom
    1 Feb 2013 - 4:42 PM

Quote: Rug doctor excellent save money by using carpet shampoo from home bargains

or Poundland.

I bought a heavy duty Vax carpet shampooer from TJ Hughes online for 99 and get my liquid from Poundland.

Last Modified By Weasellady at 1 Feb 2013 - 4:45 PM
    janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2013 - 4:43 PM

Rug doctor are very good but I decided to buy my own. Bissell carpet cleaner. Excellent. Does a great job.

Beware the cheap shampoo it is nowhere near as good as the proper ones as my sister found out when she did her carpets.

Weasellady
    Weasellady  1251 forum posts United Kingdom
    1 Feb 2013 - 4:52 PM

The one that Poundland sell is 1001 3 in 1 for machine cleaners. If you get the normal 1001 it makes too much lather.

justin c
    1 Feb 2013 - 6:36 PM

I've got one reserved with HSS now. They seemed to be the most competitively priced and the detergent isn't overly expensive either and most importantly they're supposed to do a pretty good job.

Thanks to all for your help.

Last Modified By justin c at 1 Feb 2013 - 6:42 PM
    collywobles
    1 Feb 2013 - 9:20 PM

I use Rug Doctor and find they do a really great job.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315163 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2013 - 9:23 PM

Get the wife on here hands and knees Smile

When I do my carpets I set up fans to circulate warm air and the carpets dry quicker.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 1 Feb 2013 - 9:26 PM
    justin c
    1 Feb 2013 - 9:30 PM

Thanks for the tip Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.