Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Anyone for meet in London?

Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
22 Aug 2004 7:45PM
I was planning to head up to the meet at Flamborough that weekend, but I don't think I'd get it past the ABOC (Allow Brian Out Committee). Might be able to swing along to this though Smile

The committee has agreed I can have a day off, so i would love to come along and meet you all.

Is there a time/place arranged yet ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Burgy_Tog e2
10 634 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2004 8:14PM
I work in town most days, let me know what you decide, and I'll avoid the area! LOL

Burgy
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Aug 2004 8:44PM
Yes, I agree let's settle on the 18th... maybe Pete could alter the thread title. Let's decide where to meet and at what time. No doubt these factors will also give rise to long discussions.

PS: I am not at my best early in the morning!
janieb e2
10 166 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2004 8:56PM
so I take it that rules out sunrise then Grin just kidding Smile
KatieR e2
10 6.2k 6
23 Aug 2004 7:43AM
Mattwaggie - no, but the boys that came out with me last time will tell you a different story!
Badger e2
12 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2004 12:50PM
LOL!
hobbs e2
10 1.2k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2004 6:28PM
Kyd was very strict last time, we all had to do lines for turning up late :o)
bexieid e2
11 62 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2004 11:04PM
Aye, it's impossible to please everyone. Hard enougth organising a night out with my work chums! Wednesdays are my day off in the week and I do work every other Sunday as overtime. I'll need to check when I'm wokring!
24 Aug 2004 2:08PM
Hi guys

Ok, you all won me over, the 18th it is me will start to rearange things now to fit this in, no way gonna miss out. Yes we now need to arrange a good meeting place and a time. are we gonna make a good day of it? Maybe somewhere central to meet, Trafalgar Square, only an idea!!!

janieb, phone in sick! lol I'm happy to do another meet on Sunday as well if anyone up for it, I'll just either stay over or travel back down.

Rob
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
24 Aug 2004 2:16PM
Trafalgar Square area sounds good but why don't we meet up in (say) the Starbucks Caf just across the road from Charing Cross Station?

That way we can have a cup of coffee while we wait for the inevitable stragglers? (Possibly including me!!!)
Snapper_T e2
10 848 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2004 8:10AM
Sounds good to me. I'm going to be in London today, Camden, London Eye, and then to the theatre. So it'll be a warm up for me.
Trev
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
25 Aug 2004 8:20AM
what time ? earliest I can make it is probably around 9am.
KatieR e2
10 6.2k 6
25 Aug 2004 11:26AM
In terms of what sort of photography you're into - do people want "the sights" or more off-the-beaten-track? I don't think I can face the South Bank and City again - could we take in a park and a more unusual area, perhaps?
And meeting at Charing Cross about 9am seems sensible.
25 Aug 2004 11:38AM
"There's a lovely lake in London - the dear old Serpentine"

As the words of the song go!!

Or Victoria Park?

Clissold Park, Stoke Newington?

Waterlow Park, Highgate Hill, North Islington? (Can see Carl Marx grave in the adjoining Highgate Cemetery)

The New River Walk (very picturesque) Canonbury, Islington

jas
josspowick e2
10 264 United Kingdom
27 Aug 2004 9:01AM
What about Hampstead Heath?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.