Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone for meet in London?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

collywobles
27 Aug 2004 - 2:50 PM

You have to pay to go into Highgate Cemetary -- if you carry a camera, but then its only a quid. What would Karl have said to such capitalism!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Aug 2004 - 2:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2004 - 3:02 PM

Yes, Highgate is quite nice, although you definitely need a tripod as it very dark in places.
Hampstead is ok, too - although it's maybe not that interesting for photos, except for the long views southwards.
What does everyone else think?

mgerrard
mgerrard  1044 forum posts
27 Aug 2004 - 3:23 PM

I'm ok with whatever as regards to location, its just nice to be with photographers all day looking for interesting pics.

Katie - I will bring my manfrotto junior tripod again so if you bring you quick release piece we can share, this goes to anyone who has the piece or doesn't want to lug a tripod all day.

Is Charing Cross Starbucks at 9am settled then? - seems sensible to me, as CB says we'll have somewhere to wait for latecomers. It will also be good to sit and discuss last minute route and destinations decisions before we set off. Last time standing under the clock wasn't ideal.

Michael

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2004 - 7:11 PM

I'm travelling light - just my camera phone! Grin

............ just kidding!

Charing Cross will be good - plenty of transport from there (tube etc) if we decide to go somewhere else.

nikonuseruk
28 Aug 2004 - 3:19 AM

Sounds good to me, I'm still trying to rearange things my end to meet up with you all. I have already had to miss out on one meet and dont want to miss another one. Will keep you all informed

Rob

phil beale
phil beale  111502 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Aug 2004 - 4:27 AM

Anyone knows the easiest route from waterloo to Charing Cross. It might be an idea to decide on first point to stop at so us stragglers can catch up or someone with a mobile.

Has anyone contacted British rail and told them to cancel all engineering work on this day. Especially as they were very inconsiderate last time LOL.

Phil

Snapper_T
Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
28 Aug 2004 - 7:35 AM

Waterloo to Charing cross, just checked the undergound map, head north on either the Northern Line or Bakerloo line by the look of it.

In addition to British Rail, we need to contact the Metoffice too.
Trev

josspowick
josspowick  10264 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Aug 2004 - 7:53 AM

Charing cross good with me, 9am at starbucks sounds good. Phil - good idea with regards to the stragglers, it would be a pain to get to charing cross and everyone has "shot off to shoot" Anyone know a good first point of call from C-Cross??

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Aug 2004 - 8:33 AM

Well I won't be coming after all, as I am heading North that weekend to go to Flamborough. Hope you have a great time and that I get to meet you all next time.

User_Removed
28 Aug 2004 - 8:46 AM

is just about to leave for london... but not for photography, takin' the bliddy kids back grrrrrr...

see you all tomoz
take care
Craig :o)

hobbs
hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Aug 2004 - 10:16 AM

Charing Cross at 9am is good for me. We could move into St James Park once everyone has been hassled by the security bods in Trafalgar Sq, they have a couple of Pelicans in there. You can also get some shots of Buckingham Palace and feel like a proper tourist. :o)

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2004 - 11:56 AM

Phil - easiest route from Waterloo to Charing X is tube (Bakerloo line or Northern line) or just walk over Hungerford Bridge and up Villers Street.

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2004 - 8:55 AM

Michael - thanks re tripod. But wasn't the clock thing funny last time?!?!
Nick - you can do Bucks Palace if you like, but I am hiding in shame ...
Phil - do you remember the first walking bridge that we came to - one of two on either side of a railway bridge? (I have a photo of you on it!) that's the bridge that will take you over to Charing Cross. If you still have my email address, I will give you my mobile no. - that applies to Michael & Hobbsy too, of course.
Can't wait to see yous again,
Katie

Carabosse
29 Aug 2004 - 8:05 PM

It's times like this that a Private Messaging facility would be very useful (are you listening Pete?!)

phil beale
phil beale  111502 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Aug 2004 - 8:26 PM

Kyd (teacher)

I have some bad news

I have now joined the digital revolution. The Mickey taking from the last trip was too much for me (they can be a cruel lot on this site LOL) so have taken the plunge. Just got to hope my flash card doesnt corrupt, but what are the chances of that.

Not sure whether to bring the tripod this time as it was a bit awkward on the last outing and less need as shooting digital (just alter the ISO rating, marvellous digital) Might look at using one of those PODS as there are normally plenty of walls around.

Ill have to decide when we have an agenda planned off what we are photographing

Dear Teacher

I also have a note from my mum excusing me from any long hikes across the centre of London.

Phil

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.