Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone going to Duxford this weekend

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72504 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
29 Jun 2012 - 1:29 AM

Yeah..no worries..go for it.. Smile just didn't want you to be slowed down..!! I use a ThinkTank shoulder bag now which swallows an unbelievable amount of gear, and I find much easier and faster to access than a monster backpack..have a great day..Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jun 2012 - 1:29 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevinEllison
29 Jun 2012 - 1:38 AM

Yeah..no worries..didn't want you to be hampered by superflous gear..you go for it... Smile these days I use a Thinktank retrospective shoulder bag which holds an unbelievable amount of stuff, without looking like a camera bag...have a good day..!!

KevinEllison
29 Jun 2012 - 1:43 AM

Sorry..two posts that say more or less the same..Blackberry Playbook won't let me delete one of them..!!

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 6:51 AM

GrinGrin i do that too sometimes.... l must say i am looking forward to it.
And thx for the advise guys it is appreciated....

User_Removed
29 Jun 2012 - 7:01 AM

On the subject of cases and trolleys, I bought myself one of those black and yellow, plastic, tool boxes on wheels, you see for sale in B&Q etc. Following my road accident, I now find it uncomfortable to have any weight on my previously fractured shoulders.
I find this wheeled tool box ideal as it has plenty of room for my kit, lunch and a drink. Plus, if you fancy a sit down anywhere, it's also a seat or if you want to gain a little height, it also acts as a small platform.
20 well spent!

Maybe see you there guys. Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 29 Jun 2012 - 7:19 AM
ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 7:14 AM

Brilliant idea, i have one of those already now that is clever thinking...Wink

User_Removed
29 Jun 2012 - 7:20 AM

When you get as old as me Ian, you have to have a seat at the ready!!! Wink
If, for what ever reason, I don't see you over the weekend, have a great day.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 29 Jun 2012 - 7:21 AM
ianrobinson
29 Jun 2012 - 10:19 AM

Thx Laurel. did you pad your box inside by chance as I see mine is made of hard plastic, I may just put my back pack straight

javam
javam  91083 forum posts United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 12:48 PM

I was sorting out my kit last night and in half a mind to leave the rolling case behind and just use the flip side, but then I am only going to use a 10-20, 24-105 for static and the 100-400 for the display and one body.

I can cope with the idea of walking round with those on my back for most of the day, but if you are bringing prime/big teles I would rather wheel them round than sling them on my back too.

User_Removed
29 Jun 2012 - 5:59 PM

Ian, I have a Lowepro bag and it fits really snugley inside the box. Otherwise I would pad it out with foam compartments.

ianrobinson
29 Jun 2012 - 6:09 PM

Excellent. i am going with my tamrac expedition 7 manfroto carbon fibre tripod and gimbal head.
I have a mini stool i have packed into the bag as well.
Hope it is nice tomorrow and would be nice to bump into you guys.

User_Removed
29 Jun 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well I hope it's bright but overcast. Blue skies and bright sunshine do nothing for me when shooting.

ianrobinson
30 Jun 2012 - 5:22 AM

Looking at the weather forecast your going to get your wish.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64375 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jul 2012 - 1:13 PM

Can any of you experts tell me where you were standing? You've all got such great high viewpoints but all I could do was look up.
(Promise I won't nick your spaces next time. Wink)

User_Removed
2 Jul 2012 - 2:19 PM

Hi Chris. For me, it's not a high view point but more of catching the aircraft at a different angle.
I'm sorry to say but a lot of airshow images that get uplaoded to websites are all the same, side on with no attraction.
I notuiced at Duxford that as the aicraft came from one side to the other, all the shutter buttons were clicking away.
Then once the aircraft had just passed, all the clicking stopped.................and that's when I started shooting.
I always try and get something different to the norm and as the brightly coloured aircraft starts to climb and turn with the sun on it and in front of a dark cloud or blue sky.....That's the time to press the shutter button.
However, I'm no expert and this is just my opinion and my prefered way of doing things but it's more the angle of the aircraft which gives the impression that the taker had a height advantage when really, this can be done from any ground position.
Someone else on here may have another method but that's my look on it anyway. Hope this helps? Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 2 Jul 2012 - 2:24 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.