Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone going to Focus On Imaging Show ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Dominic5749
28 Feb 2010 - 2:23 PM

Title as it says ! WHos going to FOI and what day are you going? And what you going to buy or want from the show?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Feb 2010 - 2:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2010 - 2:38 PM

I'm going simply to heckle Will Cheung on the Nikon stand Wink

Only thing I am possibly in the market for is the Nikon 70-200. I sold mine and now I miss it Sad However, prices have dropped across the internet, so doubt there will be any bargains on that one.

Other than that possibly some paper, and some larger memory cards to cope with the video capability of the D300s.

Intending to go Monday for heckling purposes and possibly Wednesday for bargains Grin

Dominic5749
28 Feb 2010 - 2:42 PM

Im going on the Tuesday, Im looking at getting a D700, 24 -70mm and possible a 20mm prime. But like you said depends on prices!

csurry
28 Feb 2010 - 2:49 PM

Oh and of course to meet people and get bought a drink by Pete (or Tj or Will - I'm not choosy) Wink

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2010 - 3:16 PM

I plan to be there on the Monday - there's been a meeting wotsit set up in the meeting wotsit page...... here

I hope not to spend a coin since I'm a bit skint at the moment but will doubtless manage to find something I can't live without

csurry
28 Feb 2010 - 3:21 PM

I'll buy you a coffee Alison Smile

Something weird here, new forums has me as a member for 8 years, but old pages only 7. 7 is correct until Tuesday - new forum is a time zone of its own Wink

Last Modified By csurry at 28 Feb 2010 - 3:24 PM
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2010 - 3:45 PM

Cheers - I'll be the one with a bag on her head - or an appropriate EPZ badge around my neck Smile

I'm in my own time zone too - never know what day it is Smile I'm only down for 4 years which is in fact correct - 5 in May - but it feels as though I've been around far longer than that!

ensign
ensign e2 Member 7182 forum postsensign vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2010 - 3:58 PM

I am hoping to be at Focus on Sunday, on the Disabled Photographers Stand. We tend to have lots of "goodies" mostly film systems, come along and see.
Bernard

john64
john64 e2 Member 9824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
1 Mar 2010 - 10:37 AM

I'll be there on Monday, intending to make a couple of purchases and get a shot of Will Cheung confronting hecklers on the Nikon stand.

As I only live fifteen minutes up the road I may get the bus to save on the outrageous 8 parking fine, sorry parking FEE.

(Milk with no sugar for me please Cheryl) Wink

cathal
cathal  9492 forum posts Ireland4 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2010 - 11:14 AM

Don't know how true this is, but I've been told that if you use a car park for the camping show, and are prepared to walk to the halls, parking is free!

john64
john64 e2 Member 9824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
1 Mar 2010 - 11:54 AM

Which show is this Cathal? There's nothing on the NEC website. Would be interesting though if it is.

LensYews
LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2010 - 12:22 PM

The only one I can see that comes close to that is the Times's travel show, but guess there could be some smaller shows on in one of the other halls.

Update from across three forum topics and the members meeting on who is going:

Sunday 7th: EPZ team?, Irishman, ensign
Monday 8th: EPZ team, ade_mcfade, Cattyal, Big Bri, csurry, john64 & Myself
Tuesday 9th: EPZ team? f8, Dominic5749
Wednesday 10th: xstevex, Britman, csurry?

csurry
1 Mar 2010 - 12:33 PM

NEC cottoned on to this way of bypassing parking fees a long time ago - all shows on at the same time will be charging the same fee 8! Sad

stevemelvin
stevemelvin e2 Member 8675 forum postsstevemelvin vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2010 - 12:33 PM

I'll be there on Monday, no doubt succumbing to the temptation to buy things. Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2010 - 2:12 PM

I've added a 2010 ePHOTOzine badge to the download area should you wish to wear it and meet up with other members on the days. ePHOTOzine Members Badge 2010

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.