Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Anyone going to Focus On Imaging Show ?

cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
1 Mar 2010 3:04PM
Thanks Pete - now to decide what to put on it Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LensYews 5 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2010 3:14PM

Quote:I've added a 2010 ePHOTOzine badge to the download area should you wish to wear it and meet up with other members on the days. ePHOTOzine Members Badge 2010

Thanks Pete, printed my copy
rossd 11 1.1k England
1 Mar 2010 3:53PM
Went to FOI many years ago (1999/2000 I think) when I worked at East Midlands Airport (which was just up the road so to speak) but never saw many 'special offers'.

So, has the emphasis changed and do the exhibitors now have 'deals of the day' and is it possible to get a bargain or is it just a trade show of interest only to the pros?

I suppose I'm really asking what's in it for the amateur tog ? (bearing in mind the admission charge and also travel costs)
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2010 7:12PM
I will be there on the sunday,, working all the other days Sad

Want a head for my manfrotto tripod, and maybe a compact flash card or two, although the other years i have been,, they have not been very competitive.
LensYews 5 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 7:01PM
Update from across three forum topics and here:

Sunday 7th: EPZ team?, Irishman, ensign, AndyLeslie, BigRick, shopaholicann, Phantom7 & his Wife, crookymonsta, Martin, BigCol, MadTrace, Paula & Nige!

Monday 8th: EPZ team, ade_mcfade, Cattyal, Big Bri, csurry, john64, stevemelvin, nobby2sheds, TelStar? Phantom7? & his Wife?, & Myself

Tuesday 9th: EPZ team? f8, Dominic5749, Phantom7? & his Wife?

Wednesday 10th: xstevex, Britman, csurry?, Phantom7? & his Wife?
dwilkin 8 24.2k United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 10:07PM
I've decided against it, this year. I can't really afford to buy anything ATM, and the only accessory I really NEED right now is an assistant to carry half my gear! Wink
thebigyin e2
9 81 6 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2010 4:37PM
I will be going on Sunday with my brother, who is not an EPZ member, but likes to take the odd photo or two.

I went on Monday a few years back and there was no advantage to doing so as it was just as busy as the Sunday, and took a day off to do so - won't do that again.

Alister
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2010 9:53PM
forgot one thing.... need a grip for my D300s
samfurlong 8 2.5k United Kingdom
4 Mar 2010 10:43PM
Yes am going Monday.
Shopping list include:

New peli case
Canon 100mm macro lens
a pair of MKIV's (if I can get a good deal).

Looking forward to it, if anyone else is around would be nice to meet up.
PhotoKaren 5 26 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2010 4:40PM
Im going on Sunday with a friend. Hoping to have a play with the Canon and Nikon cameras as my little Sony Alpha 200 isnt doing it for me anymore.
Will be good to have everything under one roof.
GillyB e2
9 316 8 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2010 4:43PM
Another one for Sunday .. and Charlotte too Smile
I'm going on Wednesday Smile
My first Focus and I probably haven't grasped just how big it all is .
Haven't got a shopping list but it will be good to actually see and handle stuff.
brian1208 e2
11 10.4k 12 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2010 7:24PM
I'm up there on Wednesday Merl together with 3 others from our camera club - I'll be the fat, balding ugly one! Smile

My pictures in my profile so if you see me and fancy a drink and chat, say hello as you go by

Brian
ink_weaver 8 133 England
5 Mar 2010 8:38PM
I'll be going on Monday with prepaid tickets that haven't come yet!!!
f8 11 9.2k 22 England
5 Mar 2010 8:53PM
I'm going Tuesday and still waiting for my tickets. But take the printout with you, you should have done with your number on it and you can still get in.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.