Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone going to Focus On Imaging Show ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

aftertherain
7 Mar 2010 - 7:20 PM

Quote: Anyone wearing an ePZ badge is generally shunned

Which is why it will only be 'flashed' when I'm given the right password. Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Mar 2010 - 7:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BigCol
BigCol e2 Member 131835 forum postsBigCol vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2010 - 7:27 PM

I came away with a new tripod! Wasn't looking for one but it was so light and so tall that I thought I might get one.
List price 130 but I got it for 84 in Jacobs.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2010 - 7:29 PM

Which tripod is that, Col?

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2010 - 7:48 PM

Quote:
which is why it will only be 'flashed' when I'm given the right password. Wink

So - I should be looking for a " fat,balding, ugly" flasher now should I Merl (the mind boggles! Wink )

Hmmm - I wonder what the password is?

aftertherain
7 Mar 2010 - 8:35 PM

Quote: which is why it will only be 'flashed' when I'm given the right password. Wink

So - I should be looking for a " fat,balding, ugly" flasher now should I Merl (the mind boggles! Wink )

Hmmm - I wonder what the password is?

Well maybe the 'balding' was a bit over the top though my hairdresser went into shear mode last time I was in for a trim - (never tell a hairdresser you think she does 'old fashioned styles' before she starts cutting!)

Is it warm in the hall - will I need a coat or can I get away with a gillet?

pssst - keep it to yourself.... the password is..... Editors choice

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6689 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2010 - 8:52 PM

Martin and I went today, he replaced his Olympus E510 with an E30 with a 14-54mm lens, I wasn't going to buy anything and came home with a Leica 45mm macro lens for my Panasonic G1. Saved about 150 on the best internet prices overall, but a very expensive day! Forgot to check where and when everyone was meeting, so missed everyone Sad
Sandra

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2010 - 11:02 PM

Quote: Is it warm in the hall - will I need a coat or can I get away with a gillet?

previous years it been pretty hot and sticky in the halls, the problem is that if you arrive by car it can be quite a walk to get in so you can get chilly on the way

BigCol
BigCol e2 Member 131835 forum postsBigCol vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2010 - 11:45 PM

Sorry Cole, spent the evening watching telly and fightin to stay awake
The tripod was a Giottos MTL 9271B (just don't tell anyone I've just found it cheaper on Warehouse Express!)

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8371 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2010 - 11:54 PM

John and I went today, it was fairly hot in the halls and busy. Bought a fair few things but our deal of the day was the Canon pixma pro 9500 MkII A3+ printer, Jacobs were selling it at a show price of 499.99 which we thought was a great deal. Had a fabulous day.

Last Modified By Chant57 at 7 Mar 2010 - 11:56 PM
GillyB
GillyB e2 Member 9316 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 12:03 AM

We were there today also, no need for a coat in the hall but they were using the east car parks so quite a walk to get there ..... and the queues to get in were awful if your tickets hadn't arrived. Much shorter queue for those not registered/paid beforehand!

Bought a few things, had a nice chat with Joe Cornish and Andy Rouse and enjoyed the day ... apart from the fact I didn't bump into any other ePzers Sad

Last Modified By GillyB at 8 Mar 2010 - 12:04 AM
Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8371 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 12:05 AM

Sad Gilly that is the second time that I know of that we have attended on the same day and not met. We must correct that next year!

GillyB
GillyB e2 Member 9316 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 12:09 AM

Smile most definately! Would have loved to have seen you both today!

It was much easier when we had an ePz stand ...... how about it next year team??

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 7:14 AM

You are alright, Col, WE is showing as backorder...Smile

aftertherain
8 Mar 2010 - 9:04 AM

Quote: if you arrive by car it can be quite a walk to get in so you can get chilly on the way

I'm coming on the train - think I'll leave the coat at home but put one of those 'fold small' macs in my bag.
I've been checking internet prices like mad - I probably won't buy anything big 'cos I'd have to carry it through a couple of train changes but it will be great to actually see, and try out, the things I'm interested in.
I'm hoping Wednesday won't be quite as busy when no one 'famous' seems to be on the stands.

brian1208
8 Mar 2010 - 9:18 AM

Its a covered walkway from station to show halls Merl, a fair hike but warm and dry,

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.