Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Anyone going to Focus On Imaging Show ?

Coltsfoot 7 22 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2010 4:04PM
Went today, including the first Martin Oliver seminar. I would be very interested what other people thought ( please PM me, its not nice slagging other people off!) There was some fabulouse photography on display in the rest of the show.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry 12 9.2k 92
8 Mar 2010 6:07PM
Did not meet many people today, just Gary (not meant to sound like just Gary...) and a few people that Lee knew.

Bought some paper, and Lee blagged some paper for me, trying to decide whether to buy the 70-200 VRII lens which Jacobs are selling nearly 100 cheaper than best internet price. I was going to get one in the next few months, but can't quite decide if I want to buy it just yet. Have until Wednesday to make a decision.

Saw a few people buying the Canon Pixma 9500II which again Jacobs had at 449 which does seem a good price.

Paramo were having a laugh charging full RRP for stuff, thanks but no thanks I'll buy from Go Outdoors!

Hoping Wednesday will be a bit quieter and may actually get near some stands which were really busy today.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
8 Mar 2010 7:09PM
Well, I was there today, didn't spend any money, (which is a first). (OK, I bought OP mag for 3).

[Photo Celeb Chat]
Wanted to ask David Noton if he was doing another DVD, but I looked away for a moment and he had flitted off the Lee stand.
Andy Rouse was on the Paramo stand, signing books. He looks a lot rougher than last time I saw him Wink
Will Cheung was sipping champagne on the Nikon stand.
Cheryl Surry was apparently there, but I didn't spot her.
[/Photo Celeb Chat]
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
8 Mar 2010 7:13PM

Quote:Cheryl Surry was apparently there, but I didn't spot her.

Did you crouch to look for her though?
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
8 Mar 2010 7:16PM

Quote:Paramo were having a laugh charging full RRP for stuff

Ok, thanks for that info.
I will save the expense of traveling to Birmingham / car park & entrance fee and pop along to their Special Event sale in Wadhurst next week-end as it is just down the road from me Wink
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
8 Mar 2010 7:22PM

Quote:Did you crouch to look for her though?

I was advised by someone who shall remain nameless (ok, someone known as Mike) that even I should be looking below eye level to spot Cheryl - which is why I only spotted Mike Smile Nice to meet you Mike Smile
LensYews 6 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2010 9:34PM
Also had a good day there as well, but did hit the bank account hard. Still the 1d4 was a planned purchase from Jacobs anyway, so it just saves me having to work from home to take delivery. Long journey home though.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
8 Mar 2010 10:06PM

Quote:Did you crouch to look for her though?

Ooh, that's not very nice. I would never have said anything like that!

(hehehehe Wink )

(didn't spot Pete's shiny bonce either, or Tracy's ample..... best stop there I think)
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Mar 2010 10:33PM
Good to finally meet you too Ali Wink

Quote:Will Cheung was sipping champagne on the Nikon stand.

...and sporting a very nice, duck-egg blue, 'over-the-shoulder' bag when I saw him enter the bar - at 12:15!

I didn't spot Cheryl or Lee - and I was promised a huge hug from Lee too Sad
Dominic5749 5 38 1 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2010 11:51PM
Well Its my turn tomorrow! I dont think Im going to buy much, just sort out some good wedding albums and other stuff. May get a mountain tripod? but I will see. and maybe a d700 and a odd lens. Smile Tongue Wink
csurry 12 9.2k 92
9 Mar 2010 8:00AM
Hmm!

Well I did see and briefly converse with TJ and a little longer with Will and we have plans for a drink on Wednesday afternoon when his ePZ duties are complete.

I had heard that Big Bri was about but managed to avoid, oops miss him Grin

We found it easier to meet outside at the BBs coffee shop last year and to be honest we did go there and Weatherspoons because it was quieter yesterday as well.

I admit I saw two people with ePZ badges and did not talk to them (I blame Gary as well) and we had a laugh about the first ePZ meet and a similar incident, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

So if anyone is going on Wednesday then you are more likely to find us in Weatherspoons after 2:30 Wink
TinyTog 7 105 England
9 Mar 2010 6:30PM
After reading all your posts has wetted my appetite for tomorrow, and my free pass turned up today.... Woohoo... Hopefully spot some of you tomorrow...x.
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2010 6:34PM

Quote:Well Its my turn tomorrow! I dont think Im going to buy much, just sort out some good wedding albums and other stuff. May get a mountain tripod? but I will see. and maybe a d700 and a odd lens. Smile Tongue Wink

that must be a MASSIVE tripod......

.... to hold up a mountain.... Tongue
Alan_Coles 9 176 11 Wales
12 Mar 2010 12:19AM
I went Sunday n Monday...my 1st visits to the event and really enjoyed it. Some great talks on processing n stuff and also watched talks by Andy Rouse n Joe Cornish...both very easy to chat with (especially when you is handing over cash for books sales...lol)

Was going to buy a 24-70 L 2.8 Lens but backed out after I spent a few hundred on filters n stuff.
TinyTog 7 105 England
13 Mar 2010 2:17PM
managed to get there on wednesday afternoon, didnt see any of you wearing ur epz badges Sad managed to buy a new manfrotto tripod, new camera bag and a spyder to calibrate my monitor.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.