Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone going to Focus On Imaging Show ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Coltsfoot
Coltsfoot  7 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2010 - 4:04 PM

Went today, including the first Martin Oliver seminar. I would be very interested what other people thought ( please PM me, its not nice slagging other people off!) There was some fabulouse photography on display in the rest of the show.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Mar 2010 - 4:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 6:07 PM

Did not meet many people today, just Gary (not meant to sound like just Gary...) and a few people that Lee knew.

Bought some paper, and Lee blagged some paper for me, trying to decide whether to buy the 70-200 VRII lens which Jacobs are selling nearly 100 cheaper than best internet price. I was going to get one in the next few months, but can't quite decide if I want to buy it just yet. Have until Wednesday to make a decision.

Saw a few people buying the Canon Pixma 9500II which again Jacobs had at 449 which does seem a good price.

Paramo were having a laugh charging full RRP for stuff, thanks but no thanks I'll buy from Go Outdoors!

Hoping Wednesday will be a bit quieter and may actually get near some stands which were really busy today.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215517 forum posts England
8 Mar 2010 - 7:09 PM

Well, I was there today, didn't spend any money, (which is a first). (OK, I bought OP mag for 3).

[Photo Celeb Chat]
Wanted to ask David Noton if he was doing another DVD, but I looked away for a moment and he had flitted off the Lee stand.
Andy Rouse was on the Paramo stand, signing books. He looks a lot rougher than last time I saw him Wink
Will Cheung was sipping champagne on the Nikon stand.
Cheryl Surry was apparently there, but I didn't spot her.
[/Photo Celeb Chat]

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 7:13 PM

Quote: Cheryl Surry was apparently there, but I didn't spot her.

Did you crouch to look for her though?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96108 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 7:16 PM

Quote: Paramo were having a laugh charging full RRP for stuff

Ok, thanks for that info.
I will save the expense of traveling to Birmingham / car park & entrance fee and pop along to their Special Event sale in Wadhurst next week-end as it is just down the road from me Wink

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85808 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 7:22 PM

Quote: Did you crouch to look for her though?

I was advised by someone who shall remain nameless (ok, someone known as Mike) that even I should be looking below eye level to spot Cheryl - which is why I only spotted Mike Smile Nice to meet you Mike Smile

LensYews
LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2010 - 9:34 PM

Also had a good day there as well, but did hit the bank account hard. Still the 1d4 was a planned purchase from Jacobs anyway, so it just saves me having to work from home to take delivery. Long journey home though.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215517 forum posts England
8 Mar 2010 - 10:06 PM

Quote: Did you crouch to look for her though?

Ooh, that's not very nice. I would never have said anything like that!

(hehehehe Wink )

(didn't spot Pete's shiny bonce either, or Tracy's ample..... best stop there I think)

User_Removed
8 Mar 2010 - 10:33 PM

Good to finally meet you too Ali Wink

Quote: Will Cheung was sipping champagne on the Nikon stand.

...and sporting a very nice, duck-egg blue, 'over-the-shoulder' bag when I saw him enter the bar - at 12:15!

I didn't spot Cheryl or Lee - and I was promised a huge hug from Lee too Sad

Last Modified By User_Removed at 8 Mar 2010 - 10:35 PM
Dominic5749
8 Mar 2010 - 11:51 PM

Well Its my turn tomorrow! I dont think Im going to buy much, just sort out some good wedding albums and other stuff. May get a mountain tripod? but I will see. and maybe a d700 and a odd lens. Smile Tongue Wink

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2010 - 8:00 AM

Hmm!

Well I did see and briefly converse with TJ and a little longer with Will and we have plans for a drink on Wednesday afternoon when his ePZ duties are complete.

I had heard that Big Bri was about but managed to avoid, oops miss him Grin

We found it easier to meet outside at the BBs coffee shop last year and to be honest we did go there and Weatherspoons because it was quieter yesterday as well.

I admit I saw two people with ePZ badges and did not talk to them (I blame Gary as well) and we had a laugh about the first ePZ meet and a similar incident, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

So if anyone is going on Wednesday then you are more likely to find us in Weatherspoons after 2:30 Wink

TinyTog
TinyTog  6105 forum posts England
9 Mar 2010 - 6:30 PM

After reading all your posts has wetted my appetite for tomorrow, and my free pass turned up today.... Woohoo... Hopefully spot some of you tomorrow...x.

BigRick
BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2010 - 6:34 PM

Quote: Well Its my turn tomorrow! I dont think Im going to buy much, just sort out some good wedding albums and other stuff. May get a mountain tripod? but I will see. and maybe a d700 and a odd lens. Smile Tongue Wink

that must be a MASSIVE tripod......

.... to hold up a mountain.... Tongue

Alan_Coles
12 Mar 2010 - 12:19 AM

I went Sunday n Monday...my 1st visits to the event and really enjoyed it. Some great talks on processing n stuff and also watched talks by Andy Rouse n Joe Cornish...both very easy to chat with (especially when you is handing over cash for books sales...lol)

Was going to buy a 24-70 L 2.8 Lens but backed out after I spent a few hundred on filters n stuff.

TinyTog
TinyTog  6105 forum posts England
13 Mar 2010 - 2:17 PM

managed to get there on wednesday afternoon, didnt see any of you wearing ur epz badges Sad managed to buy a new manfrotto tripod, new camera bag and a spyder to calibrate my monitor.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.