Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone had dealings with www.2332.com.ua ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    yellowmunky
    21 Oct 2008 - 9:51 AM

Hiya,

Just had an email from these people; reads as follows:
    Hello,

i work in a production house, and now we have a job, it is a video with light graffiti's, and i'm looking for painters to do this job. We are planning to shoot in Paris or Brussels. Is it interesting for you? What is the country you stay now? Thanks

Does this sound like a kosher deal, or is it one of those generically spun emails?

Cheers,
    Michael

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Oct 2008 - 9:51 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jakabout
    jakabout  101741 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2008 - 10:01 AM

Sounds obvious I know but have you tried replying to them? Could be they've done some research and seen your work......

trivets12
    trivets12  101156 forum posts
    21 Oct 2008 - 10:24 AM

The fact that the grammar is so bad doesn't bode well. They don't know which country you are in, which they probably would if they had researched you properly.
    Have my doubts, to be honest!
    Only this week I have had an email from a photo company thanking me for registering with them and wanting me to email back and confirm my details. I've never registered with them and have never heard of them. Most likely scammers. There is so much of it around now, it pays to be sceptical and stick with companies that you know and that are reputable.

p.s. Fabulous portfolio, by the way!

Last Modified By trivets12 at 21 Oct 2008 - 10:26 AM
    yellowmunky
    21 Oct 2008 - 10:36 AM

Quote: Sounds obvious I know but have you tried replying to them? Could be they've done some research and seen your work......

I ran a search through google, and on one or two links, the word 'black list' cropped up; this is why my alarm bells have started ringing, and decided to ask about first; seemed like common sense, rather than jumping in there with an email reply - it could very well be legit as I have an animated clip on youtube and my website; just airing on the side of caution at this stage...

yellowmunky
    21 Oct 2008 - 10:39 AM

Quote: The fact that the grammar is so bad doesn't bode well. They don't know which country you are in, which they probably would if they had researched you properly.
    Have my doubts, to be honest!
    Only this week I have had an email from a photo company thanking me for registering with them and wanting me to email back and confirm my details. I've never registered with them and have never heard of them. Most likely scammers. There is so much of it around now, it pays to be sceptical and stick with companies that you know and that are reputable.

p.s. Fabulous portfolio, by the way!

That's another thing that bothered me; I state my country on my homepage (they emailed me through my site)... they're in the Ukraine, and I guess their english is better than my Ukraine by a mile...

I'll look for a number and give them a bell if I can find a reliable contact number.

Oh... and thanks for the compliment on my PF! Grin

Many thanks amigos

Overread
    Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2008 - 11:24 AM

Wouldn't touch it with a bardge pole - just delete it its spam.
    They know if they send out so many that they are bound to hit some who are going to apply to the contents and will respond (ergo why so many scams are aimed at the US yet reach European inboxes).

That with the bad english and lack of formal address just makes this scam material of low grade quality

loweskid
    loweskid  132044 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2008 - 6:10 PM

Quote: I'll look for a number and give them a bell if I can find a reliable contact number.

Their contact details are on their website. Looks perfectly legit to me.

2332 Productions

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.