Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Anyone heard/used these guys?

Nigeyboy 6 537 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2008 1:39PM
link

looking for some studio flash, and these guys came up. Anyone here used them or heard of them?

Cheers!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Garry_Edwards 6 284 3 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2008 2:11PM
Not heard of them and very expensive for what they are.

More worryingly, very, very little info on their webpage. We have to guess at the power from the model numbers, no guide numbers, no recycling time, no info on modelling lamp brightness, no info on accessory fitting, no info on colour temp consistency etc etc.

Might be a good product with a bad website. Might not be a good product.
27 Nov 2008 2:25PM
I was looking at this one:
linky thing

Seems to have all the GN info etc. Have also been looking at the Interfit 150ex . . . . .
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
27 Nov 2008 2:26PM
From their 'About Us' page...

Lyndoco Ltd dba ProFilmGear.com
Matrix Studios (c/o H & C)
91 Peterborough Road
LONDON SW6 3BU
United Kingdom

You can contact us via our online help desk.

Registration Details
Registration No.05360819
Registered in England & Wales
VAT Registration Number: GB867891162

A quick check on the Companies House website will verify their Bona Fides.
Garry_Edwards 6 284 3 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2008 2:36PM
Ah, different link...

I THINK this is just one of the generic Chinese imports sold under different names at different prices. Plastic body, doesn't even have an earth lead, specs poor.

This one is much better, slightly more money but a much safer bet
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
27 Nov 2008 2:39PM
I think the kit the OP mentions is similar to this one Elemental Studio kit 2 And we know the owner of this co..he's an advertiser and also a member Danny James
27 Nov 2008 2:44PM
Gary - thanks for that link - that is quite a lot of kit for you money, plus they are 200w heads as well.

Pete - had also been looking at that very same Elemental kit today as well! Starting to shoot portraits - these kits are only a few quid more than a Canon 430EX II and probably more versatile - plus i would look cool turning up to a clients house with stobes!!
SKavanagh 7 312 5 England
27 Nov 2008 5:40PM
The elemental studio equipement is very good stuff
DannyLenihan 6 213 19 England
28 Nov 2008 10:16AM
I second and third that...

With all due respect to my "competitor", anyone who states RRP 430 "SAVE 53%" for a kit of this ilk is ripping you off. I recognise the products on their page as I used to sell them myself, but they were so unreliable, poorly built and likely to go "bang" at any moment that the Chinese Government closed their factory. It seems they have re-emerged, but don't be fooled by the price tag.

We do a twin 300w system, more powerful and better accessorized than the twin D Lite system for less than they reckon this product is worth.

Oh, and thank you Pete for the heads-up and the plug Wink Keep it up and I'll keep schtum about your naked fetish photographs...
PWhittle 8 176 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2008 11:22AM

Quote:Ah, different link...

I THINK this is just one of the generic Chinese imports sold under different names at different prices. Plastic body, doesn't even have an earth lead, specs poor.

This one is much better, slightly more money but a much safer bet

I've got their 3 head kit, and it's superb value for money. nice and solid heads, even come with spare bulbs and fuses. Not the quickest recycle times, but you pay far more for that

edited to add the Lencarta kit, not the ones on the original link
Skodster 8 902 Ireland
1 Dec 2008 6:42AM

Quote:This one is much better, slightly more money but a much safer bet

+1 from me....
3 Dec 2008 12:02PM
Thanks all - some really useful feedback there! am waiting till after crimbo before getting them - thats if i have anything left on the credit card!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.