Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone in Tameside/Oldham area?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Daisy_intheMill
    23 Jun 2010 - 2:00 PM

Hi,
    I'm an old face (not literally!) but not been on here much recently. I'm trying to get more in with touch other local photographers. I've got the opportunity to use a canal boat (for 3hrs) on the Ashton Canal/ Peak Forest Canal (very pretty and interesting) and was wondering if anyone was interested in a meet. The canal boat is picked up from the Portland Museum in Ashton, another little find with a lovely restaurant attached perhaps for afterwards. All the Barge owners require is a small donation so a potentially fun afternoon or evening out. Here's a a virtual tour of the canal. If your interested I'd like to hear from you!

Jude

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Jun 2010 - 2:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_kershaw
    23 Jun 2010 - 11:08 PM

if you get no takers on here there was a member talking about a book produced by saddleworth photographers, they have a flicker group here may be worth a look, I'm an old odham lad but too far away nowSmile

Daisy_intheMill
    24 Jun 2010 - 9:02 AM

Hi Steve, I know exactly who you mean - will drop them a line - good thinking! I have had other interest via messaging too so looks like it'll go ahead!Grin

Last Modified By Daisy_intheMill at 24 Jun 2010 - 9:03 AM
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jun 2010 - 9:27 AM

Hi Jude long time no see. Hope you're well.
    Do you know date yet and approx time? In meets threads like this that usually helps people decide. Also we now have a members meetings section where it could be added and any one going can join the group.

Daisy_intheMill
    24 Jun 2010 - 9:31 AM

Hi Pete. I do pop in regularly but unseen! Doing very well thanks!
    Possibly the weekend of 17th/18th July to coinside with the Tameside arts Festival. Otherwise September sometime.

Last Modified By Daisy_intheMill at 24 Jun 2010 - 9:32 AM
    GillyB
    GillyB e2 Member 9316 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jun 2010 - 5:33 PM

Hi Jude, My daughter Charlotte (ChazB) and I would be very interested, we were both involved with the Simply Saddleworth book and would look forward to a local meet. I think you may have already sent her a message when we were away last week.

Daisy_intheMill
    27 Jun 2010 - 10:14 AM

Excellent - Yes I have had a message from her which I shall reply to. I'll keep you updated.

Daisy_intheMill
    12 Jul 2010 - 9:57 AM

Just to update this meet - We're meeting at the Portland Museum, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Manchester, this Sunday 18th July for a 5pm trip ( meet 4.45pm).
    The trip will be approximately a 3hr trip - along the Peak Forest Canal. The staff are offering refreshments although you are welcome to bring a picnic. I'll try to directly contact everyone that showed interest but if you get here first it'd be good to hear from you.

Places still available so any one interested welcome - even if it's just for the trip and not to take photographs - (A small donation to the volunteer crew would be appreciated.)

I'm intending to run a small competition - suitable for any ability.Grin

Last Modified By Daisy_intheMill at 12 Jul 2010 - 9:57 AM
    Daisy_intheMill
    14 Jul 2010 - 3:26 PM

CHANGE OF DATE!!

The barge trip has been rearranged to Saturday 16th 5pm-8pm. (Circumstances beyond my control - annoyingly!!).
    I've Dm'd those that showed interest.
    Places still available - let me know if your interested.

If this restricts the numbers then I'll see if it can be rearranged for later in the Autumn.
    Jude

Daisy_intheMill
    14 Jul 2010 - 3:35 PM

Sorry - it's Saturday 17th July( not 16th)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.