Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Anyone in Tameside/Oldham area?

Daisy_intheMill 10 145 1 United Kingdom
23 Jun 2010 2:00PM
Hi,
I'm an old face (not literally!) but not been on here much recently. I'm trying to get more in with touch other local photographers. I've got the opportunity to use a canal boat (for 3hrs) on the Ashton Canal/ Peak Forest Canal (very pretty and interesting) and was wondering if anyone was interested in a meet. The canal boat is picked up from the Portland Museum in Ashton, another little find with a lovely restaurant attached perhaps for afterwards. All the Barge owners require is a small donation so a potentially fun afternoon or evening out. Here's a a virtual tour of the canal . If your interested I'd like to hear from you!

Jude

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_kershaw 9 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
23 Jun 2010 11:08PM
if you get no takers on here there was a member talking about a book produced by saddleworth photographers, they have a flicker group here may be worth a look, I'm an old odham lad but too far away nowSmile
24 Jun 2010 9:02AM
Hi Steve, I know exactly who you mean - will drop them a line - good thinking! I have had other interest via messaging too so looks like it'll go ahead!Grin
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
24 Jun 2010 9:27AM
Hi Jude long time no see. Hope you're well.
Do you know date yet and approx time? In meets threads like this that usually helps people decide. Also we now have a members meetings section where it could be added and any one going can join the group.
24 Jun 2010 9:31AM
Hi Pete. I do pop in regularly but unseen! Doing very well thanks!
Possibly the weekend of 17th/18th July to coinside with the Tameside arts Festival. Otherwise September sometime.
GillyB e2
9 316 8 United Kingdom
26 Jun 2010 5:33PM
Hi Jude, My daughter Charlotte (ChazB) and I would be very interested, we were both involved with the Simply Saddleworth book and would look forward to a local meet. I think you may have already sent her a message when we were away last week.
27 Jun 2010 10:14AM
Excellent - Yes I have had a message from her which I shall reply to. I'll keep you updated.
12 Jul 2010 9:57AM
Just to update this meet - We're meeting at the Portland Museum, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Manchester, this Sunday 18th July for a 5pm trip ( meet 4.45pm).
The trip will be approximately a 3hr trip - along the Peak Forest Canal. The staff are offering refreshments although you are welcome to bring a picnic. I'll try to directly contact everyone that showed interest but if you get here first it'd be good to hear from you.

Places still available so any one interested welcome - even if it's just for the trip and not to take photographs - (A small donation to the volunteer crew would be appreciated.)

I'm intending to run a small competition - suitable for any ability.Grin
14 Jul 2010 3:26PM
CHANGE OF DATE!!

The barge trip has been rearranged to Saturday 16th 5pm-8pm. (Circumstances beyond my control - annoyingly!!).
I've Dm'd those that showed interest.
Places still available - let me know if your interested.

If this restricts the numbers then I'll see if it can be rearranged for later in the Autumn.
Jude
14 Jul 2010 3:35PM
Sorry - it's Saturday 17th July( not 16th)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.