Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone in the removals business ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Taxboy
    Taxboy  12197 forum posts
    22 Jul 2011 - 10:07 PM

I'm about to move house and we're on a long distance move and some of our stuff will have to go into store while we house hunt. So is it cheaper to :

1) have a local firm store it and then when we finally get a place get them to delivery it directly to our new house or

2) Get the local firm to delivery it to a store near where we want to buy and then get it delivered or

3) It doesn't really matter

Any pointers appreciated just to try and cut down the amount of time I'm spending on the phone sorting things out at the mo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jul 2011 - 10:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jul 2011 - 10:18 PM

Logistically I wouldnt have thought it mattered, however cost wise it might. It might be cheaper to store it where you are now or it might not, only the removal and storage firms would be able to give you quotes that could possibly make your decision a bit easier... I would have thought.

edit: oops sorry poss shouldnt have commented as I'm not a removal person Grin

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 22 Jul 2011 - 10:20 PM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96214 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jul 2011 - 10:36 PM

Not in the removal business.

But I would have thought moving and storing the stuff to where you have moved to would be the best option.
    Purely for a practical reason.... if you decided that you needed something it would be easier to get access to it

Hugo
    Hugo  9636 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Jul 2011 - 12:53 AM

Suppose it depends where you're moving??!! I'm guessing that (like most things) storage in London would cost a lot more than say in Bradford.

indemnity
    indemnity  5328 forum posts
    23 Jul 2011 - 4:19 PM

I've made similar moves, only from country to country too. Get 3 companies to quote, you'd be surprised at the different amounts charged.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jul 2011 - 10:10 PM

We've had stuff in storage for about 2 yrs...it stayed in England and has now been transferred to NI pending delivery next month...I don't think it will make a lot of difference where you store.

You just need to find a remover who has a safe and secure facility. Good luck in your house hunting Smile

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2011 - 1:17 AM

Don't make the mistake I did a few years back and keep furniture too long in storage. The storage charges can mount up to more than buying new furniture!

Taxboy
    Taxboy  12197 forum posts
    24 Jul 2011 - 8:05 AM

Quote: Don't make the mistake I did a few years back and keep furniture too long in storage. The storage charges can mount up to more than buying new furniture!

Good point - hopefully it won't drag on that long Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.