Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone know a good printer stand ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315565 forum posts England
    17 Jun 2011 - 5:30 PM

I've run out of space on my desk and would like some sort of stand that I can put my Epson inkjet ON and my HP LaserJet UNDER. Has anyone seen such a thing ? I have spent ages googling for something suitable with no luck. If I don't find something soon, I'm going to have to start nailing pieces of wood together or something.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Jun 2011 - 5:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
    17 Jun 2011 - 5:31 PM

I should point out, at the moment, the LaserJet is sitting on a TEAC tape deck, which is sitting on a VCR, both of which are also connected to the PC.....

Ewanneil
    Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jun 2011 - 6:22 PM

When I need something like this I usually take a deep breath; grit my teeth and head off to IKEA. I have to say my current desk is the best I have ever had and is good quality too. I think it is part of the MICKE range and within it they do other desks, storage units etc.

You could also try here. Not very exciting; a bit expensive (for what it is) but probably functional.

Good luck in your search.

KevSB
    KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jun 2011 - 6:28 PM

I also had the same problem and I also took a trip to ikea, Dont look just in the office furniture section, other departmens have furniture which suits your needs, I purchaced a metal framed stand with white board that both my printers fit on inc my Cis system and that was in the kitchen section

This is not what im using but an idea Ikea

I use this which My 2400 fits on with ease My printer Table the second printer fits under with ease

Last Modified By KevSB at 17 Jun 2011 - 6:37 PM
    Big Bri
    17 Jun 2011 - 6:37 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I need something that will go on a desk (haven't got room for another piece of furniture) and will allow me to have one printer over the other.

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jun 2011 - 6:58 PM

Brian I use a really sturdy shelf unit that is meant as an overdesk shelf. It is designed to accomodate box files, so plenty tall enough to have an printer underneath and sturdy enough for an A3 canon printer on top.

I can't offhand remember where i got mine from, but I think it may have been furniture@work. If I remember I'll post an update.

Big Bri
    17 Jun 2011 - 7:06 PM

thanks Cheryl, sounds like just the thing

Big Bri
    4 Mar 2012 - 4:43 PM

If anyone cares, I just built one. Took me half an hour and I still have all my fingers.

mrcal
    mrcal  101032 forum posts
    4 Mar 2012 - 6:37 PM

What do you mean, 'half an hour'? Looks more like eight months to me.

Big Bri
    4 Mar 2012 - 7:40 PM

Pah

Tongue

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022919 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna32 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2012 - 7:35 AM

Quote: What do you mean, 'half an hour'? Looks more like eight months to me.

funniest comment this year
    Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.