Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

anyone know of a good nikon tutorial?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rezpirate
    rezpirate  2 Canada
    4 Jun 2012 - 2:03 PM

currently, I'm practicing taking macros, but it sometimes takes me 5-10 shots just to get a good one. The lens goes from blurry to very very clear to blurry again, not sure why.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jun 2012 - 2:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
    4 Jun 2012 - 2:09 PM

do macro in manual switch off stabilizer

rezpirate
    rezpirate  2 Canada
    4 Jun 2012 - 2:16 PM

lol i have no idea how to do that. Sorry I don't even understand half the settings on the camera..I did read half the manual though.

franken
    franken e2 Member 113103 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2012 - 3:18 PM

Have a look at this EPZ tutorial it may help?

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/top-ten-tips-for-better-macro-photography-1768...

regards

Ken

robthecamman
    4 Jun 2012 - 4:28 PM

go into google put type and make of camera look at utube tutorials some will tell you how to set camera best to

NEWDIGIT
    NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Jun 2012 - 4:34 PM

Read your camera manul fully also pick up a copy of "Digital field guide" for which model you have and read this also.
    As far as your Nikon is concerned the manual focus switch is on the lens (M-A) as is the VR switch dont know about the Sony.
    You will also need to mount the camera on a tripod ideally with a macro plate, there are a stack of macro photo tips on this site go into techniques and browse, good luck

rezpirate
    rezpirate  2 Canada
    4 Jun 2012 - 6:10 PM

thank you all very much, I will try every one of your suggestions Smile

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122230 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2012 - 6:39 PM

Thom Hogan has written some excellent ebooks on Nikon gear.

User_Removed
    4 Jun 2012 - 9:59 PM

I am not sure what the macro capabilities of your Nikon L100 are but Nikon say "Macro shooting from as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.)" so I imagine the manual will cover it somewhere.

EddieAC
    EddieAC e2 Member 9679 forum postsEddieAC vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2012 - 12:54 AM

The one drawback with the camera is that it does not have any semi-automatic modes, ie aperture/shutter priority or manual mode. This means there are fewer ways to improve your settings and you have to rely on the camera's automatic Close-up mode.

Are you shooting handheld? You can try using a tripod for extra stability. If you don't have one then resting the camera on something to reduce camera shake can help.

The camera appears to support manual focus though so you may be more successful switching this to manual. You can either rotate the focus ring until you are happy to take the shot or after initially focussing you could try slowly moving the camera back and forth to see what effect this has on your focus.

Also at the distance involved in macro blur can be induced by the camera movement involved in depressing the shutter button. You can use your cameras self timer mode which is either 3 or 10 seconds. This is useful even if using handheld as it can eliminate any slight downward movement caused when taking the photo although you will have 3 seconds to remain as still as possible.

Last Modified By EddieAC at 5 Jun 2012 - 12:57 AM
    rezpirate
    rezpirate  2 Canada
    5 Jun 2012 - 7:17 PM

thanks for that one, I will try taking something with me next to stabilize the camera, and i will try the timer also. A lot of my pictures are shaky, so i think i'll invest in a tripod also.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.