Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Anyone remember the name of this film?

jondf 8 2.5k
6 Aug 2011 12:55PM
It was a spoof horror film. I think Patrick McGoohan was in it and it was about a weird family's experiences during Halloween as I recall. I've searched the net but can't find anything. There was crazy fairground hurdy-gurdy music playing in it a lot of the time.

Anyone know its name?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
6 Aug 2011 2:10PM
Have you tried browsing through IMDB to see if any of the films listed for Patrick McGoohan might be the one? Smile
jondf 8 2.5k
6 Aug 2011 4:20PM
The link you've given appears to list all McGoohan's work but I can't see what I'm looking for. Maybe it was someone who looked like him.

It'll be an oldish film, maybe 30 years ago, probably more. The film keeps switching to a Halloween mask with crazy fairground music playing. It's funny but scary at the same time......I'm going bonkers here trying to find it Grin I watched it on TV ages ago but cannot remember what the hell it was called Sad
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
6 Aug 2011 5:33PM
David lynches first film ?

I was thinking of it a few days ago, added a few links to this.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/paul-morgan-599/gallery/photo/---19234401
NikLG 9 1.7k England
7 Aug 2011 1:59PM
I don't recall 'eraserhead' being amusing Smile
disturbing maybe.....
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
7 Aug 2011 2:33PM
There must be a huge number of halloween themed films. It could be very difficult to track down without further details.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
7 Aug 2011 6:11PM
Well its the only film I can remember with fairground hurdy-gurdy music playing in it a lot of the time Smile
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
7 Aug 2011 10:13PM
Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) as nothing whatsoever to do with the other Halloween films but is actually about deadly Halloween masks.
NikLG 9 1.7k England
8 Aug 2011 10:01AM
Could be that....there were lots of bits showing TV adverts for the 'Silver Shamrock' Halloween masks with an annoying tune played over it.
Perhaps that's what the OP is remembering ?
Overall, a particularly dreadful film as I recall..... Tongue
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
8 Aug 2011 3:18PM
I've spent years trying to forget that awful film ..................... Thanks a bunch everyone Sad
jondf 8 2.5k
8 Aug 2011 4:21PM

Quote:Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) as nothing whatsoever to do with the other Halloween films but is actually about deadly Halloween masks.

No, I don't think it's that one. It looks too serious. The film I'm trying to find was funny yet creepy at the same time. A mask kept appearing and there'd be a strange jingle playing that gradually became compelling as the film progressed. Weird and scary characters would barge through doors into rooms laughing manically. The whole family was weird but it was a 'Munsters/Adam's Family' kind of weirdness.

It might be that the film had a name of some other scary day in the calendar. Something similar to Halloween but not Halloween.....any ideas?
Terry L e2
11 578 5 England
8 Aug 2011 4:52PM
Here is the link to the advert, it was to the tune of London Bridge is falling down

NikLG 9 1.7k England
8 Aug 2011 4:55PM
"Two more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween
Two more days to Halloween,
Silver Shamrock !"

Smile

Now it'll be in all your heads.....until loads of cockroaches and snakes come crawling out ( those who have had the misfortune
to see the film will know what I mean... )

ah...that vid only just popped up. Sorry.....didn't see it...
jondf 8 2.5k
8 Aug 2011 5:31PM
It IS something to do with masks and a company that makes and sells them. The adverts come on the TV screens in the film. I think there's a local factory in the film that makes the masks. The weird music comes on when the masks are being advertised but it's not Halloween 3.

I think it's an older film than that......it's driving me nuts. Can anyone think of other witchcraft-like days in the calendar that could have given the film I'm trying to think of a name?
NikLG 9 1.7k England
8 Aug 2011 9:25PM
Sounds like Halloween III to me....I think you're in denial Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.