Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone still using 35mm film?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Busseauboy
25 Jun 2009 - 5:10 PM

I would be interested to learn if any ep member still uses film with OM series cameras
Regards
**** M aka busseauboy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jun 2009 - 5:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
25 Jun 2009 - 5:13 PM

I have a roll in my OM10 - but I have to say I don't use it really. I should, or I want to, I just don't seem to get around to it. It's in my bag in the boot of the car.

pentaxpete
25 Jun 2009 - 5:44 PM

Yes, my boy cameraboy was GIVEN an OM2n by a widow lady and most of his photos on here are on it now-- he also has an XA2,Konica Reflex,Yashica LM,Canon FTBn all given -- his most treasured possessions, and lots of FILM all given which we are using ! We still like FILLUM better than the dreaded Digital !

Cristian
Cristian  10950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2009 - 6:17 PM

Just picked up a 2nd hand OM10, so yes I am using 35mm film, or at least until the noviety wears off...

Snapper
Snapper  93771 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2009 - 7:25 PM

I would be using Ilford FP4+ or HP5+ if I had the time, but that reminds me of a shot I want to take when I'm away working next week so thanks for that! Wink

robalb
robalb  8 Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2009 - 7:42 PM

I like to alternate film and digital on a ratio of 1-3 one film could be 35 or 120' to three weeks digital. robalb

User_Removed
25 Jun 2009 - 9:49 PM

Not with an OM10 (although I have owned and enjoyed one - first camera with Off The Film metering... Wink) but I still shoot 35mm film.

montechoro
montechoro  122340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jun 2009 - 4:43 AM

Quote: I would be interested to learn if any ep member still uses film with OM series cameras
Regards
**** M aka busseauboy

My OM1 is still working like a dream - although I'm using SFX 200 in my EOS 3 at the moment.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014930 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jun 2009 - 5:04 AM

I did last year, then I switched to Canon FD film, not for any particular reason. Always prints, never slides.

pepperst
pepperst  72328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jun 2009 - 9:54 AM

HP5 in my OM2n, did the majority of last with it. It is my go to camera for light, mobile work though it is just behind the RB67 for projects.

I have quite a few friends still using 35mm, at least another couple with OMs as well.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315630 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jun 2009 - 11:44 PM

Am OM2n, 35SP and an FM2.

goso
goso e2 Member 8goso vcard Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2009 - 4:51 AM

Still have all my film camera's - trade in prices not worthwhile., may as well keep them for sentimental value if nothing else, but I still use mine. My OM2n is using Fujicolor Superior 100 at the moment

Last Modified By goso at 27 Jun 2009 - 4:54 AM
wasper
wasper e2 Member 8532 forum postswasper vcard Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2009 - 7:38 PM

I just bought Canon A1, so I have put a slide film in & click click. I got 3 or 4 more clicks before I take it to the shop to see the results. Can't wait.

Cristian
Cristian  10950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2009 - 9:31 PM

Going to a family Wedding tomorrow and will have my DSLR with me, but really thinking about taking the OM10 along and finish off a roll of film.

Last Modified By Cristian at 27 Jun 2009 - 9:31 PM
jrfoto
jrfoto  7 United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2009 - 5:49 PM

Well, when I sold some of my kit to fund digital camera I kept back one EOS-1N body so I could still shoot film. That was three years ago and I haven't shot a roll since. However, I do also have an old Canon F-1 and I am going to shoot some film soon. Partly for nostalgia I guess, partly because resources (i.e. 36 shots on a roll) arelimited it makes you think more than popping away with digital, and partly becasue I think (with no little justification it has to be said) that film has a certain quality - especially a silver print made from an Ilford Delta neg.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.