Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone used UKbride online advertising

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Londonmackam
    14 Jul 2011 - 4:47 PM

I had a phone call followed by a presentation/sales pitch for online advertising with ukbride.co.uk. The pitch seemed pretty good and polished.

Was wondering if anyone had used this service and what their experiences were.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Jul 2011 - 4:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

muzzeyman
    muzzeyman  10293 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Jul 2011 - 5:10 PM

I've just signed up to them for a year mate. Like you I had the remote sales pitch slideshow and have to be honest was quite impressed.

The price was cheaper than my current costs to Yell and seem to be much better. I was put in touch with them a from Videographer I've worked with down the years.

I used to buy mailing lists off them a couple of years back.

I'm just hoping that it generates more business for me, I signed up for the 50 mile readius package, so I'll be getting 5o leads a month.

Hope this helps.
    Phil.

Last Modified By muzzeyman at 14 Jul 2011 - 5:33 PM
    ams99
    ams99 Junior Member 365 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jul 2011 - 8:49 PM

I thought this thread was going to be people looking for a woman Tongue

Polo74
    Polo74  1
    21 Jan 2013 - 5:14 PM

Just been talking to these people today - it it working out??? Really interested to see if they're any good!

Perribrook

I made the tragic mistake of signing up with these charlatans a year ago. Not only did I not receive a single job from it, but it seems I was sold a rolling contract. This means they took a further 238.80 from my bank account without my permission for another years advertising and refused to refund it. They are not only useless, but also have immoral business practices Sad I have spoken to several photographers who also had no business from their investment, one who actually warned me to cancel, but I honestly didn't believe anyone could take my money without my permission. I would strongly advise avoiding them.

thewilliam
    26 Nov 2013 - 7:05 PM

I'd suggest that a google search to learn about their track-record would be a good idea before parting with any money.

peterjones
    peterjones  123992 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2013 - 7:57 AM

UKbride do not have a good reputation amongst wedding photographers; try a search on the SWPP forum if you need proof; in spite of the SWPP site I tried them for a year and ensured that at the outset there was no rolling contract; I did not renew; I gained little from my 12 months except for an outward bound link from their site to mine and a load of "requests" from brides at the bottom end of the market whom if I had clicked on I may have been charged by UKbride for the link.

If you have a rolling contract within your t&c do ensure that you cancel at least a month before renewal.

G'luck, Peter.

Last Modified By peterjones at 27 Nov 2013 - 8:01 AM
    thewilliam
    27 Nov 2013 - 2:24 PM

Quote: I'd suggest that a google search to learn about their track-record would be a good idea before parting with any money.

Without first-hand experience, a tentative post wouldn't fall foul of the libel laws! Pay attention to what Peter says because he knows what he's doing.

Last Modified By thewilliam at 27 Nov 2013 - 2:24 PM
    kimsheppard

I signed up for UK bride after numerous email and a lot of sales talk, This is the biggest waste of time and money I have ever come across, They ask you to send brochures to brides apparently interested in you, by the time you have paid for the ad and sent our glossy brochures you are BIG time out of pocket. I got more than 60 requests and only ONE bride ever contacted me, I did lots of work and quotes and got NOTHING, steer clear, don't waste your money, in my opinion do something you are IN CONTROL of, ie. google adwords, only then can you be responsible for your failings!!!!!!!!

footprint
    footprint  5
    1 Apr 2014 - 5:21 PM

just hit a huge wall with UK Bride. we firmly believed we had an agreement with them that we would renew on a year by year basis and went so far as to get a stop code from them. In March last year we werent going to renew but they made is very tempting so we did, firmly believing that the stop code was in place we paid the dosh. We paid by credit card, again firmly believing that this would stop them from taking money this year

During the last 12 months we have seen a lot of activity on the account with emails landing most days but not one piece of business from it so we were not going to renew

Beware!! they are claiming that the stop code self destructed at the end of the year even though what we did was a renewal and as we had had confirmation the code was on their system we believed it would be ongoing

we are now taking legal action to see if we can sue

thewilliam
    1 Apr 2014 - 9:51 PM

Many of these companies get a first-rate legal firm to write a contract that's very much in their favour. Businesses don't have any protection against "unfair" terms written into supplier contracts.

Read all the small print before you sue.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.