Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

anyone used ulltimate_batteries

16 Jun 2010 10:39AM
just got a grip for a d300 3rd party + a battery from these guys........ The gripworks fine and looks and fits a treat. Really good service too but when i went to charge the battery (assumed it came flat) it charged for no more than a few mins before showing fully charged ie solid light on charger not blinking.I then tried it in the grip and worked fine but after few mins showed it needed charging .Ive done this and the charger is showing fully charged again after just a fwe mins .....is the battery duf or am i doing somat wrong???????

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
16 Jun 2010 12:26PM
The grip may well be fine, But theres no way I would use a third party battery from an unknown brand, Thats one way to seriously damage your charger and very possibly your camera too.

There are good 3rd party brands around if you must, But shop around and you can get genuine " EN-EL3e " types for less than 30 quid.....Smile
looboss 7 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2010 12:44PM
sounds like either daf batteries or wrong type of charger being used.
16 Jun 2010 1:05PM
thanx guys
@camaracat wow didnt know that about batteries and charger gonna take it off
@looboss i got the d300 second hand (greys of westminster) so charger and battery came with it
to be fair had no probs b4 but new batt looks identical to one i already had (no nikon markins anywhere)
so im guessing ive been using a 3rd party one anyway
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2010 5:42PM

Quote:Thanx guys
@camaracat wow didnt know that about batteries and charger gonna take it off
@looboss i got the d300 second hand (greys of westminster) so charger and battery came with it
to be fair had no probs b4 but new batt looks identical to one i already had (no nikon markins anywhere)
so im guessing ive been using a 3rd party one anyway

If it doesnt say Nikon on the battery, then yes, it is third party. Smile
Artois 8 405 1 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2010 7:52PM
I had the same problem on my 50d that was less than a year old. I sent it back to WE as it was under warranty and it transpired it was a duff charger.
Stella
16 Jun 2010 8:13PM
thanx or your help everyone, nice to know theres someone to ask!!!!!! cheersWink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.