Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Anyone using...?

26 Nov 2008 8:05AM
anyone using a canon 24-70mm f 2.8 L USM lens IF so what do you think of the lens in general..

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
26 Nov 2008 8:24AM
It's awesome. Just search the forum - don't know anyone who has one and wouldn't recommend it highly.

Mind you, it's a bit heavy.....
samfurlong 8 2.5k United Kingdom
26 Nov 2008 8:27AM
Been using it professionally day in day out for the last few years since I switched to canon.

Nicely made, very sharp, I find the 2.8 aperture infinately more useful that the 24 - 105 f4 with IS.
The 24-70 is possibly the sharpest L series zoom lens I have.

The only negative point is the way the front of the lens extends when you zoom out, making it very vunerable to baing whacked. For this reason I ALWAYS use it with the lens hood in place which protects it.

Worth the money?? Most definately.
26 Nov 2008 9:32AM

Quote:Been using it professionally day in day out for the last few years since I switched to canon.

Nicely made, very sharp, I find the 2.8 aperture infinately more useful that the 24 - 105 f4 with IS.
The 24-70 is possibly the sharpest L series zoom lens I have.

The only negative point is the way the front of the lens extends when you zoom out, making it very vunerable to baing whacked. For this reason I ALWAYS use it with the lens hood in place which protects it.

Worth the money?? Most definately.

THANKS for info David

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.