Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anyone using third party stoffen omni bounces?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Lucian
    Lucian  4561 forum posts
    12 Mar 2010 - 10:24 PM

I once paid 18 for a white stoffen omni bounce, what a rip off. It does the job but that sort of money for a bit plastic is far to expensive. I am upgrading from 430ex to 580exII speedlites and have looked on e-bay at third party stoffens. You can get 3 multi coloured ones for 5. Just thought i would ask if anyone has used these third party stoffens and if the result is as good as a genuine one?

thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Mar 2010 - 10:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fstopshere
    13 Mar 2010 - 12:01 AM

I use empty refill liquid soap bottles, the dispenser type, cost about 2.75 each but you get the soap as well! A bit of coloured gel, the sample swatches work fine, negates the need for coloured diffuser. I could not bring myself to pay 18 for something that must have cost 50p to manufacture, OK there are tooling costs etc. but the 3 for 5 are still making a profit!

Strobekid
    Strobekid  7369 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Mar 2010 - 11:12 PM

All a Stofen does is making your flash into a barebulb, ie sends the light in all directions. Any tupperware will do the job just as well, so long as it is translucent. A third party job will do pretty much the same thing.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.