Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Anyone wanna buy a car? One exasperated and honest seller!

Graysta 9 1.1k England
17 Apr 2013 8:38PM

Quote:They ain't all bad you know....I have a Citroen C3 Picasso (made in Slovakia apparently) and it hasn't missed a beat from new 3 years ago, having said that I am currently looking to change it, but for no reason other than I want something different with an auto box.

WinkWink A great advert Ade, I almost made you an offer. Then I remembered I have a Rover 25 with the K series engine as a courtesy car why would I treat my customers so well. Blush

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
19 Apr 2013 11:41AM
My Citroen Xantia 2.0SX was extremely reliable... and it was 3 years old when I bought it in 1997. Kept it for 5 years. It's still around too... 19 years old now! Smile
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
19 Apr 2013 7:25PM
Were toying around with replacing the old car with a new DS3 with the 6 speed semi-auto box, it's a lovely car after taking a recent test drive. The downside is the wife wants a white one with the cerise coloured roof and I DON'T! Sad Watch this space! Tongue
ray1 10 541 1 England
20 Apr 2013 2:13PM
I know his pain. Yrs ago I bought a Ren 18 and it came with rust from new and leaked oil quicker than you could put it in. I vowed near to have another Ren but I bought a second hand Laguna from a family member as I knew its history and it seemed ok. How wrong was i, The air con would stall the engine, the camshaft was knackered and the suspension collapsed on me and cost a fortune to put right. When I traded it in the garage could not get it to start after a couple of days. I also had to put a starter motor in it and the key cards were nothing but trouble. Both from electric windows failed and as I could not put the air con on as the car would stall it was like a hot house on one of out rare sunny days. The tyre pressure sensors were also crap. Never ever will I buy another one.
Graysta 9 1.1k England
21 Apr 2013 5:39PM
Many people have your pain also Ray.
I just give them a bill they pay and never question they know it's crap and have given up wondering why motoring cost's so much.
Ahh
Ade the DS3 How dare Citroen use the same letters as Nikon.
They are the new Girly/gay mini.
I would let your wife have whatever colour she want's as long as you don't wash it clean it or be associated with it in anyway.
Mine love's the look of them so being in the trade took her to the local dealer who I buy many part's from. for a test drive.She was out for about half hour and got back asked me for the key's to our BMW 3 series. now usually she only drive's me back from the pub.But admitted that the Citroen was good but it was not far enough removed from her old 1998 Saxo.
I was shocked to learn that in 35 years of wedded whatever she has an opinion on a car.
Graysta 9 1.1k England
21 Apr 2013 5:57PM

Quote:My Citroen Xantia 2.0SX was extremely reliable..

Maybe the Xantia was Citroen's finest moment. Had 2 X taxi's as loan car both about 250,000 mile diesels, just died with sill/ floor rot - leaking suspension . but great servant's
the C5 will never match, the Bx was not good, but they learn't from it and the Xantia (hurt's to say)was as good as they got.
And many quality car manufacturers have adopted the suspension principle (Jaguar/LR/ and RR).

Great ideas French build????????

Is it me or are there extra smiley' her today
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
21 Apr 2013 7:13PM

Quote:They are the new Girly/gay mini.

I know that, which is why I've refused the wife point blank that we'll have one with a chuffing pink roof!......We'll probably end up with a new C3 Picasso but with the semi auto box, we'll see what takes my fancy when the time comes.
Graysta 9 1.1k England
21 Apr 2013 8:37PM
Ade
many cars have the semi auto box and not all are French, some are Italian some are (well) American / British - Italian - French (I think European) covers it for Henry-- Ah with some Welsh engines. (big good ones at that for the Jaaag market)
And I think no matter what you buy the box is made in Germany.

Yes Ladies & Gents
The European car is here simply rebadged to suit your loyality.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
22 Apr 2013 9:21AM
It's no wonder the average consumer gets confused, French cars built in Slovakia, German cars built in Spain and Japanese cars built in Sunderland or Swindon to name just a few. Even if you wanted to be patriotic and foolish enough to buy British you can't as most of the components for these cars these days are built who knows where, that's assuming you could afford to buy a British car anyway and even then the chances are would be that the parent company is Indian.

Is Morgan still British? Not that it matters, I could neither afford or even get in one if I wanted too.

It seems to me that nearly all of todays run of the mill 10-35K cars are much of a muchness, it's just a case of weeding out the bad from the mediocre, or in my case because I'm extremely tight, what will give me the most miles to a gallon of diesel/petrol. As for performance or looks, well I couldn't really give a stuff so long as I can get in it and it's comfortable. I don't feel the need to race to 62mph as fast as I can in as short as period as possible and legally I can't drive faster that 70mph anywhere in the country. And don't anyone dare suggest a BMW, I won't have one on principle, but I'm of that age and ilk I'm afraid Wink
conrad 10 10.9k 116
22 Apr 2013 9:36AM

Quote:don't anyone dare suggest a BMW

I wouldn't dare. Wink

Besides, chances are, as of 2014, that you'd buy one of their models built in the Netherlands . And the same goes for the New Mini. Not that this is a disadvantage, I think, but still...

As for Morgan, I think that's still British. At least it was in 2009 (see article), and I'd be surprised if anything changed, in view of the attitude in this family business: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/classiccars/6049244/Morgan-centenary.html - I like that, 'Don't get greedy, do what you do best.' And reject takeover bids. Smile
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
22 Apr 2013 9:55AM
I refuse to have anything to do with Citroens ever since they cheated their way to winning the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally!
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Apr 2013 10:48AM
That's a long time to hold a grudge! Lol! Grin
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
22 Apr 2013 3:15PM

Quote:I refuse to have anything to do with Citroens ever since they cheated their way to winning the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally!

I think that was 66 and it was was more to do with the Cooper Mini's not having the correct headlights as per stated in the rules. Controversial perhaps, but rules is rules! Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.