Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

App for uploading Raw files

cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
13 Jan 2013 12:12PM
I've managed to upload jpeg files to my new tablet but despite installing a number of different RAW apps I can't get one to read my SD cards. Have tried different apps, different sd cards, used a card reader, used the TF slot....to no avail.

There seem to be so many on the market .......some free, some paid for...but I don't want to start spending if they're not going to work.
Can anyone recommend a decent one?

[Android 4.01 - have installed Picasa Mobile (but it doen't seem to have an `import' feature]

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Jan 2013 12:40PM
Try pulling the RAW files on the tablet with some file manager. For a file manager they are just that - files, not images, and therefore may be not restricted to move anywhere. Than try to open them as images on the tablet. As soon as SD card is readable on your tablet - it might work. What camera RAW you are trying to deal with?
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
13 Jan 2013 1:15PM

Quote:Try pulling the RAW files on the tablet with some file manager. For a file manager they are just that - files, not images, and therefore may be not restricted to move anywhere. Than try to open them as images on the tablet. As soon as SD card is readable on your tablet - it might work. What camera RAW you are trying to deal with?
thx Michael, will give that a try

I shhot with Nikon, so they're .nef files...

jeff

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.