Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Apparent CS3 hitch

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3793 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 1:21 PM

For some time now I have happily opened Photoshop CS3 to utilise my favoured technique of processing and selective sharpening via the use of soft brushes and layers.

This way I can apply a targeted variety of contrast, saturation, or sharpness etc using a new layer mask each time.

I create a new layer by using the workplace on the RH side of the screen to drag the pic down to the new layer symbol.....I then go to curves, to choose exactly where contrast needs to be increased or decreased..........I then make the layer black for working on.

As a base I set the Airbrush on normal, choose the brush size, opacity and flow to suit what I want

when I have altered the parts if the layer chosen, I flatten it, to perform the next operation and so on until finished.

This usually works like a dream.......but.......This morning, I had just completed one photograph and opened the next one......and now, no matter what I try to do the original shot doesn't change, the layer I make and prepare is there but any changes attempted don't happen......I'm puzzled and frustrated after wasting some considerable time trying to return things to normal.....I even shut down the PC , then restarted but things remain the same.

Create a layer, prepare it for the chosen adjustment but the brush doesn't have any effect at all.....I can only think that I have inadvertently pressed a control without realising or knowing what it might be.

Can anyone help or advise please.?

The way I use layers and brushes has been my preferred method for three or more years now after having tuition .

CHEERS!

Hobbo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Nov 2012 - 1:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 4:12 PM

Check your Caps Lock key.....?

Sometimes this can be the one little thing that has similar effects on many tools.

Wink

Eviscera
    Eviscera e2 Member 81102 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 5:41 PM

Hi Hobo ,

Have you checked that your brush opacity isn't set to 0 or that its blend mode is still set to "Normal" rather than "Difference" or something that doesn't make any , er difference.

Alternatively , try re-setting your brushes to their default settings . (Drop down arrow next to the brush type then right arrow finds list including "reset brushes"

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73852 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 8:05 PM

Probably too late now, but try and remember to keep copies of the workspace settings you use, on a regular basis, then you can always revert back if a problem occurs (there again that a bit, do as I say not do as I do!).

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3793 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2012 - 4:58 PM

A HUGE THAK YOU ALL.......I managed to sort it out today........I had to revert to my chosen WORKSPACE in the WINDOW tab:

Hobbo

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.