Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Apple iOS 5 upgrade. One problem...

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
14 Oct 2011 7:29PM
Updated my 4th Gen iPod Touch last evening and have a minor irritation that I hope those more knowledgeable in these matters, can help with. Smile

Prior to the upgrade, I had a folder on the iPod called 'iPod Touch Uploads' which (naturally) originated on my PC and iTunes 'Synched'. It contains (on the PC) 8 images - and I should add they are the correct size i.e. 960x640px @326ppi.

Since upgrading v5, although the iPod recognises the folder locally, it shows no content despite a re-synch this evening - 'No Photos or Videos' is the response when going to the 'iPod Touch Uploads' in 'Albums'. 'Camera Roll' is there along with the previous content.

Finally - the odd thing is that my Desktop (Wallpaper) is an image from the 'iPod Touch Uploads' folder as was...

But according to the iPod - the folder - and it's content - doesn't exist.

Any ideas anyone please?

(BTW - Love it otherwise Apple! Thanks!! Wink)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2011 7:53PM
You'd have more luck with an answer here , I'd think
14 Oct 2011 8:11PM
Erm...

Thanks Lemmy... but where is the answer please?
cmawson e2
11 271 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2011 8:40PM
Mike,

I think I understand what you're describing. Have you tried renaming the folder on your PC, then ticking the renamed file in iTunes, then seeing if it is on your iPod after re-syncing?

Chris
14 Oct 2011 8:41PM
I'll try that Chris and report back - thanks.

LOL!!! Who's my hero!??

Nice one Chris...

Except that I now have TWO folders on the iPod - 1) iPod Uploads (the old 'Pod Touch Uploads' as was) and now... 'PhotoLibrary'. Both contain the same images!! LOL!! (Off to see if the upgrade created a new folder called 'Phot Library' Wink)
14 Oct 2011 8:54PM
Looks like you're not the only one having problems with this upgrade

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15288003
cmawson e2
11 271 United Kingdom
Great, at least it showed up somehow or other, & am now a hero...first time in my life. LOL Wink

I upgraded my 4th gen iPod to IOS 5 on the evening it came out, never again! Apple's servers were far too clogged took me 5 hours to complete the upgrade, at least you waited till it was quieter.
...and - No. I don't see a folder on the iPod named 'Photo Library' Sad
14 Oct 2011 8:59PM

Quote:, & I am now a hero...first time in my life.

LOL!! Deservedly Chris!!

I too tried on the due date but it was dreadful and indeed - gave up. Wink

I think I'm going to have to wait too Alan - appreciate your time on this for me. At least now I have a solution in the short term.

Thanks guys. EPZ members win.

Yet again Wink
Kris_Dutson e2
12 8.2k 1 England
14 Oct 2011 9:15PM
Think I'll wait 'til a month next fortnight before I attempt updating my iPad.
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
14 Oct 2011 9:25PM
updated mine and it was slow but everything is fine well pleased with the upgrade even got the Guardian free until January 13th 2012 on the new new stand app
Neil Wink
hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
15 Oct 2011 7:55AM
I upgraded my ipad2 in less than an hour on Wednesday evening.....................I did other things whilst it was bubbling away and only had to be directly involved towards the end to confirm certain settings:

The iPad2 now works like an even better dream..............................Well done! Apple......................I can't see Bill Gates giving away a newer version of Windows:

Hobbo

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.