Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

APS film to PC

Tony_M e2
10 342 England
10 Dec 2004 5:28AM
I'm looking for cost-effective ways to convert an unprocessed APS film to jpeg files. I use my little take-anywhere Canon IXUS for snap shots, like country walks or at a recent company function, so I'm not expecting any great quality.

The cost of processing is usually quite high, so to add transfer to CD will surely cost even more. I do not have a flatbed scanner, else I would probably just scan the prints. I do have a film scanner (Minolta DualscanIV), but I'm not sure I can justify buying the APS adaptor (79 from epz shop).

Can anyone recommend a processing lab that can provide CDs with prints, or even CD-only?

Thanks for any advice,
Tony

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tony_M e2
10 342 England
10 Dec 2004 5:33AM
I've found a CD-only service (4.99/40exp) at Photo Shop Online Has anyone used their services before? Looks like it is linked to Fuji, so should be ok?

Tony
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
10 Dec 2004 6:07AM
I have my APS films developed only, not printed. I bought a used APS film scanner on eBay. So I put the developed film in the scanner, walk away, and check the result when the scans are ready. I can then throw away any scans I don't like, and next I upload all the scans I do like to an on line processing service, or I do some post processing first.

Conrad
20 Mar 2005 9:04AM
Some/most/all Snappy Snaps will develop and scan to CD for around 7 including an index print - 020 8741 7474
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
20 Mar 2005 11:42AM
In the meantime I have put my dedicated APS film scanner (Kodak) up for sale (since I'm getting ready to purchase a DSLR). It costs less than the APS adaptor, so maybe that's a solution...

Conrad

Edit: See the classifieds...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.