Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

APS film to PC

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Tony_M
    Tony_M  10342 forum posts England
    10 Dec 2004 - 5:28 AM

I'm looking for cost-effective ways to convert an unprocessed APS film to jpeg files. I use my little take-anywhere Canon IXUS for snap shots, like country walks or at a recent company function, so I'm not expecting any great quality.

The cost of processing is usually quite high, so to add transfer to CD will surely cost even more. I do not have a flatbed scanner, else I would probably just scan the prints. I do have a film scanner (Minolta DualscanIV), but I'm not sure I can justify buying the APS adaptor (79 from epz shop).

Can anyone recommend a processing lab that can provide CDs with prints, or even CD-only?

Thanks for any advice,
    Tony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Dec 2004 - 5:28 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tony_M
    Tony_M  10342 forum posts England
    10 Dec 2004 - 5:33 AM

I've found a CD-only service (4.99/40exp) at Photo Shop Online Has anyone used their services before? Looks like it is linked to Fuji, so should be ok?

Tony

conrad
    conrad  910873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2004 - 6:07 AM

I have my APS films developed only, not printed. I bought a used APS film scanner on eBay. So I put the developed film in the scanner, walk away, and check the result when the scans are ready. I can then throw away any scans I don't like, and next I upload all the scans I do like to an on line processing service, or I do some post processing first.

Conrad

Ricardo
    Ricardo  9
    20 Mar 2005 - 9:04 AM

Some/most/all Snappy Snaps will develop and scan to CD for around 7 including an index print - 020 8741 7474

conrad
    conrad  910873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2005 - 11:42 AM

In the meantime I have put my dedicated APS film scanner (Kodak) up for sale (since I'm getting ready to purchase a DSLR). It costs less than the APS adaptor, so maybe that's a solution...

Conrad

Edit: See the classifieds...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.