Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Are Lehmans still in business?

kit-monster Plus
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
12 Nov 2008 4:14PM
I sent a lens of to Lehmans about 6 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I've filled out their enquiry form, sent emails and tried calling. They haven't replied to form/emails and the phone just rings and rings. I don't fancy driving 200 miles to see if they're still their. Anyone dealing with them at the moment - know if they're still around. I'm very concerned . . . they've got my favourite lens.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Simon_Whitehouse 10 769 5 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2008 4:39PM
I couldn't tell you if they are still in business but I'm going to Stoke on friday to collect some materials. I will take a detore down London Road and find out for you.

Si
whipspeed Plus
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2008 4:44PM
I sent a camera off a few months ago and all was fine. Although when ringing them it took a while for them to answer. Perhaps you could contact Canon to ask them if they are ok as they tell you to send gear there.
User_Removed 9 398 6 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2008 4:49PM
I hope they are still there - Ive had to use them a few times and found the service superb.
dcash29 9 2.0k England
12 Nov 2008 5:07PM
Their ansa phone is on so keep trying
kit-monster Plus
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
12 Nov 2008 6:19PM
Thanks Smithy. At least it looks like someone is there to turn the answerphone on after hours. I've left a message and hopefully hear from them.
sidaorb 9 3.9k 2 England
12 Nov 2008 6:45PM
I spoke to them today, also spoke to Canon (UK) who confirmed that all Lenhamms back order on parts have now been supplied in the last few days, so hopefully any delays will now be sorted. Smile
kit-monster Plus
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
12 Nov 2008 7:06PM
That's great news. I guess they're just too busy fixing stuff . . .
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
12 Nov 2008 9:57PM

Quote:That's great news. I guess they're just too busy fixing stuff . . .

or not, if you have been waiting six weeks! Wink
vetcameraman 10 145 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2008 11:41PM
And I was thinking you'd missed something major in the news on world finance recently - DUH!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.