Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Are proper cameras doomed?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MorrisS
1 Apr 2014 - 5:59 PM

If you could make camera phones as good as real cameras, what would they have to do?
Just come down to lenses and features?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Apr 2014 - 5:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TanyaH
TanyaH e2 Member 11524 forum postsTanyaH vcard United Kingdom40 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2014 - 1:16 PM

I actually like the feel of a DSLR in my hands when taking photos. I have taken images on my phone, but I don't have a lead to get them off onto the PC (second hand phone) so they just sit there. Whereas using a 'proper' camera system makes me think about what I'm doing, what I want to achieve and slows me down. It makes me think more.

dpr59
dpr59 e2 Member 80 forum postsdpr59 vcard United Kingdom
27 Apr 2014 - 9:33 PM

Cheap plastic lens cheap image...
Anyone not interested in the image quality will be happy, but then the Kodak Instamatic sold well.
But these will never replace even decent value cameras.
A good lens will always be the issue.
I've just 'paired' my Olympus Stylus with my phone, I can now transfer a quality image to the phone for 'sharing' in whatever forum I feel inclined.
The phone is a LG P880 with a decent resolution. but let still a small plastic lens.
Pairing with a camera will be, for me, the accepted norm going forward.

Oldgroaner
28 Apr 2014 - 8:07 AM

I use a Nikon DSLR , Panasonic Bridge , and compact, and have a string of Minolta and Pentax Film SLRs, but I don't subscribe to the modern notion that "Cheap Camera" equals "Cheap photos"
Great images are not the sharpest and clearest, they are the best in composition and lighting, and timing.
I set myself a challenge to do a Blipfoto every day for a year on my Motorola Moto G , which had a camera that was slated as "poor" in test reports.
The purpose was to to take me back to my roots in the 1960's when I couldn't afford fancy cameras and lenses, and rediscover what a "normal" lens could do..
Darned good fun!
Frankly for most people the results are pretty good, what's lacking is decent Zoom lenses.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.