Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Are Venture Photography fooling their customers?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2009 - 10:32 AM

Quote: my wife wanted it and what she wants she normally gets.

Such is the way of the world.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Sep 2009 - 10:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2009 - 11:10 AM

Someone explain that to the Mr.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2009 - 11:59 AM

Collwobbles sometimes it's about more than money, isn't it. I expect the images that you have were taken by someone who really knows their stuff, and he's captured something about your family that interprets exactly what your wife feels about it - and it means a great deal to her. I wouldn't see it as an expensive outlay for some pics of the family, because if those photographs are what your wife would save in a fire, I'd see your experience as a celebration of what your family is all about and how special it is. Not all of us have that Smile

However It does seem that some Venture outlets are just charging massive amounts for very poor quality but with the Venture white-out, which any competent photographer could reproduce.

But - they're doing it and we're not. They're earning the vast sums and most of us aren't.

In general, any company using the family dynamic to do their selling, i.e. leaning very hard on guilt, shame, embarrassment in a very focused way to try to force people to buy, is bullying their customers. It's hard for some people to stand up to that kind of pressure, particularly when they're in the same room as the rest of the family, so let's not say they deserve everything they get, and let's have at least a leeetle compassion Smile

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2009 - 6:19 PM

why are we as a British race always worried that somebody is making a fast buck, the customers go in by their own free will, nobody is forced to buy....................

infact i am thinking about using some of the tatics they use myself it makes me richer................

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2009 - 6:23 PM

is Suziblue in one of those price comparison tv ad
s , it sure looks like her barring the fact no wine glass in either hand

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2009 - 10:39 PM

My parents had a great way of resisting that emotional blackmail: They told me that I was so ugly, no one would want a photo of me.

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2009 - 10:42 PM

my parents went one better, they managed to send me to schools that didn't have photographers lol

Fishnet
30 Sep 2009 - 12:17 AM

Quote: My parents had a great way of resisting that emotional blackmail: They told me that I was so ugly, no one would want a photo of me.

Same.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014397 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Sep 2009 - 3:33 AM

My parents thought I was so ugly, they sat me in a corner, and fed me with a slingshot.

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
30 Sep 2009 - 10:12 PM

What? They fed you?! Well my parents... oh, hang on, dad may come along and read this Wink

Fishnet
1 Oct 2009 - 12:31 AM

I have a school photo of me aged 5 and frighteningly I have exactly the same hair style now.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2009 - 3:06 AM

Quote: ...because if those photographs are what your wife would save in a fire.....

Yeah! Let Hubby burn...!!!! Wink

Scammed
Scammed  3
12 Jan 2011 - 2:19 AM

Do NOT buy the "special" USD50 photo shoot with the free gift! Do NOT give this gift to people who are not rich! I gave one of these to a family as a gift BUT WAS NEVER TOLD THAT THE FRAMES & EXTRA PICTURES WOULD COST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO THE RECIPIENT!

It is very embarrasing to people to be shown these nice photos and then have to be put on the spot with little kids begging for pictures which the family cannot afford. Close down these sleaze-bags!

BigRick
BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2011 - 9:42 PM

you dont need to close them down.... you just need to not be neive enough to buy all the crap they offer you if you dont want it.

People can say no.

photoman99
4 Feb 2012 - 6:20 PM

Here is what Venure Photograpy won't tell you.
First they get you n with a "free photo session" and a "free 8x10". Well this much is true. You will get the one hour session for free and you will get a cheap (a quality statemnet - not price. read on) framed 8x10. But they won't tell you the prices up front. I will. All prices below are for framed photos.
simple desktop frame - 8x10 - $400, 5x7 - $300
Classic frame - 8x8 $600-$750, 12x12 - $1,200-1,350, 16x16 - R1500-$1650, 20x20 - $17,00-$1,900. They also do some really cool mosiic type framing and collections which run from $2,000 for five picutres in a sort of mosaic pattern to $6,000 for 9 larger picutures in a mosaid.

There are a lot more options but you get the picture so to speak. These guys are incredibly expensive. Sure the photographs are high quality, they do a good job of composition and the framing is pretty cool looking too. But even with all that these prices are at double or tripple what you would pay for a good photographer and top end framing job.

One more thing. You can't just buy the pictures and frame them yourself. You can only get thier frames. There is also no option to get the digital images. They will sell you a slideshow for $1,500 but these are not images that can be saved individually or used in any other way.

All in all nice pictures but I wouldn't waste my time here.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.