Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Are you a good citizen?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102289 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2009 - 3:55 PM

Immigrants to be tested for good citizenship: Well, here we go again - more citizenship tests - and brownie points for joining a political party!

Garth

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Aug 2009 - 3:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

wrinkles
wrinkles e2 Member 5349 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
4 Aug 2009 - 5:24 PM

Politicians,and parliament are like a carousel they go round,and round in circles.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102289 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2009 - 5:38 PM

Quote: Politicians,and parliament are like a carousel they go round,and round in circles.

Yep - and never changing.
I'm all for good citizenship classes for everyone and they should be compulsory for politicians! Wink

Garth

captainpenguin
4 Aug 2009 - 5:43 PM

If I wasn't born here they would probably chuck me out for telling the government what an load of PC pillocks they are

gcarth
4 Aug 2009 - 5:51 PM

Quote: If I wasn't born here they would probably chuck me out for telling the government what an load of PC pillocks they are

The way things are going, they might chuck all us dissidents out of the country anyway! Wink
It seems that to be a 'good citizen', you must not think 'outside the box' or question anything that is mainstream thought or policy.

Garth

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2009 - 7:39 PM

Quote: I'm all for good citizenship classes for everyone and they should be compulsory for politicians!

Absolutely! Loving your work, Garth .. 8-]

Quote: The way things are going, they might chuck all us dissidents out of the country anyway!
It seems that to be a 'good citizen', you must not think 'outside the box' or question anything that is mainstream thought or policy.

See you at the airport, Garth! lol ... and bags a seat by the wings.

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 4 Aug 2009 - 7:40 PM
keith selmes
4 Aug 2009 - 8:51 PM

You can take the sample test here.

I failed.

gcarth
4 Aug 2009 - 8:51 PM

Quote: See you at the airport, Garth! lol ... and bags a seat by the wings.

Hi, Suzi Babe! I don't think they will offer us first class cabin crew service though... Wink

Garth

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2009 - 9:19 PM

Quote: You have failed the practice citizenship test.

I'd better leave now then Smile Bye all, it's been fun.

Quote: Hi, Suzi Babe! I don't think they will offer us first class cabin crew service though...

Well I wouldn't want to be offered service that I'd have to refuse out of principle .. hehe!!

captainpenguin
4 Aug 2009 - 9:21 PM

Hey I failed deport me now

gcarth
4 Aug 2009 - 9:24 PM

Quote: You can take the sample test here.

I failed.

So did I. Looks like I'll be on the plane to Guantanamo or some such place! Wink
Mind you, I passed the second time - even though they fixed the questions so you can only get them wrong; On the EU question the answer they wanted was Strasbourg and Brussels... the problem is that the fatheads only mentioned Strasbourg in the question!
Another question asked you who needed to consult if you had a problem at work - the answer of course was ACAS and the CAB - the problem was that the queston only mentioned CAB in the list of options...brilliant! Wink

Garth

gcarth
4 Aug 2009 - 9:28 PM

When is Richard Branson going to offer cheap space flights to some other planet - I've had enough of this one! Wink

Garth

Krakman
Krakman  73615 forum posts Scotland
4 Aug 2009 - 9:32 PM

I failed too. 10 out of 24. Makes me wonder how I ever got my degree. Standards slipping at Oxford and all that Sad

Last Modified By Krakman at 4 Aug 2009 - 9:34 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014140 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2009 - 9:35 PM

I Failed too 15 out of 24 Sad

Krakman
Krakman  73615 forum posts Scotland
4 Aug 2009 - 9:40 PM

It's very odd. The questions are dull and totally irrelevant. Why should you only be allowed to become a citizen if you happen to have the same interests as some dull-headed twit of a bureaucrat with half a brain?

Why the hell should I care what the official name of the Council of Europe is? I think they are taking themselves too seriously.

Last Modified By Krakman at 4 Aug 2009 - 9:42 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.