Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Are You a Loner?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

chris.maddock
22 Mar 2012 - 9:54 PM

Quote: I like going out with others but then I seem to spend more time talking than I do taking photos

I've got that t-shirt too Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Mar 2012 - 9:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 10:08 PM

loner or one like-minded companion

tend to be pretty quick at getting what I want and with companions I end up waiting around for ages.... on many occasions, I've finished before others have taken a shot

User_Removed
22 Mar 2012 - 10:14 PM

Quote: Loner - preferably.

Me too mike.
I concentrate better on my own.
I'm not into Epz meets where we all compare gear to see who's got the biggest lens. Not really interested.
I prefer to go it alone and have an image as a result as opposed to a matching Anorak! Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Mar 2012 - 10:15 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 10:21 PM

Quote: I'm not into Epz meets where we all compare gear to see who's got the biggest lens.

My experience, of the few I've attended, is we don't talk about gear at all. In fact we don't talk all that much about photography! Grin

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 10:22 PM

rarely take photos on EPZ meets....

only glass I have is beer-filled!

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2012 - 10:41 PM

I work with others on a professional level all the time and rarely work alone , except for the urbex hobbyist stuff I do which has another side thats great to do with others but even more of a thrill ( and sometimes a fright ) to do alone... !

phil1963
phil1963 e2 Member 2265 forum postsphil1963 vcard United Kingdom
22 Mar 2012 - 11:13 PM

I like to be on my own, I don't know why but i feel very self conscious when taking photographs at the moment.tomorrow i will be off to the local nature reserve and i'm looking forward to be sat in a hide for a few hours on my own.i love the solitude and have the patience of a saint.

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72542 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
22 Mar 2012 - 11:36 PM

Loner, because I like to wander around looking for different viewpoints etc... and feel guilty holding everyone up..but an EPZ meet is usually different..this behaviour is accepted, you usually catch up later and it's good to exchange ideas/learn/have a laugh with others..!

teepee
teepee  11705 forum posts England
23 Mar 2012 - 12:15 AM

Always with others but I get my best shots when I wander off by myself!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53672 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2012 - 9:14 AM

Loner - I love long walks in rough terrain and exploring somewhere new without mindless chatter.

But am also rather gregarious so love getting involved in activities, but when it come the the actual taking the photo - i'd much rather walk away from the group and get my own different perspective.

A bit Dr Jekyll, but mostly Hyde.

Andy_Cundell
23 Mar 2012 - 9:28 AM

When I go out to photograph at weekends and it's a good walk, I always have my trusty sidekick and wingman with me...............my 15 year old son! He carries my tripod bag!Grin

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2012 - 9:38 AM

I hate going out shooting on my own, I get nervous.
It is good to see who comes back with better shots or different shots. Also, good to see how people process their shots afterwards.

peterjones
peterjones  123992 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2012 - 10:11 AM

mostly but not always alone; I enjoy the company of my partner Jill:

jill-in-st-albans.jpg

the picture above is purely for the benefit of lefthandforum who grumbled about my avatar Grin

Occasionally it is fun to get together with like minded people from my club at Amersham.

Peter

darranl
darranl  5318 forum posts England
23 Mar 2012 - 10:13 AM

Generally on my own, if I go with others they tend to get bored if we stay in one place too long.

The problem is I then feel self conscious on my own if trying to do things properly like using a tripod and reflectors.

User_Removed
23 Mar 2012 - 10:20 AM

I have posted this photo before. I think it could be entitled "Combat Photography".

1-seahouses.jpg

For me, the huge benefit of club expeditions is the amazing amount you can learn from other, more knowledgeable, photographers - not just in terms of basic knowledge but also ideas and the sparking-off of creativity. Plus, of course, the craic and banter. Sociable club photographers tend to have an amazing sense of humour.

But there are times when I do enjoy a more leisurely approach on my own or with just one or two friends.

In terms of time spent out with a camera, then probably 90% alone and 10% in company but, in terms of sheer fun, probably the inverse proportions.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.