Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Are you Still Smoking?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022889 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna30 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 8:00 PM

LOL!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jan 2013 - 8:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 8:06 PM

I gave up last Easter, really wanted to, went to the docs and was given champix tablets they are fantastic, you take the tablets and still smoke by the second week i had smoked my last ciggy. I have not even had a puff on one since that day.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 10:28 PM

Refer to this for further inspiration.

LVanDhal
LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 12:04 AM

Quote: Refer to this for further inspiration.

Well I tried, but, its marked as "Adult" and it won't let me, lol.
( but I reasonablly imagine its not really meant for me as I have outted myself as a nihilistic chimney Smile )

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 12:39 AM

It's really worth seeing.Wink

maxfired1
maxfired1  1 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2013 - 12:55 PM

i was a heavy smoker for 30 years until 2 weeks ago. went on patchs and havn't really felt like having a cig apart from the odd small craving.
My advice is dont use any aids that you hold in between ur fingers as this just reinforces the habit side of smoking.

StrayCat
30 Jan 2013 - 6:57 PM

Good on you Max. Another tip, avoid second hand smoke, it will trigger cravings, even years after you quit.

lemmy
lemmy  71807 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Jan 2013 - 7:10 PM

Quote: Another tip, avoid second hand smoke, it will trigger cravings, even years after you quit.

I'm the opposite. Second hand smoke really puts me off.

Yet, every now and again, I really really fancy a drag. I think that once having been a smoker, you are always a smoker who doesn't rather than a non-smoker.

Meheecho
Meheecho  1275 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Jan 2013 - 8:30 PM

Ignored all government warnings (the rebel in me!!!) but gave up Jan 26th 2000 and have never looked back . Used homeopathy to help and, for me it seemed to work. Keep it up

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 8:52 PM

Well done to all that are stopping, possibly one of the most beneficial dicisions in life you will make. Which I'm sure most above me will agree. Well done all

StrayCat
30 Jan 2013 - 10:42 PM

Quote: I'm the opposite. Second hand smoke really puts me off.

Me too Lemmy, but prolonged exposure to smoke, even though it bothers me terribly, will trigger little cravings for a day or two after. It's imoossible for us to avoid smoke totally, some of our neighbours smoke, so especially in the summer with windows open, we get their smoke.

lemmy
lemmy  71807 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Jan 2013 - 10:52 PM

Quote: It's imoossible for us to avoid smoke totally, some of our neighbours smoke, so especially in the summer with windows open

Sounds like you are as sensitive to it as me. My pet hate is walking down the street and someone in front exhales a lungful of smoke just as you are breathing in. Until I get a grip, I momentarily feel nauseous.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315152 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Jan 2013 - 1:54 AM

Quote: It's imoossible for us to avoid smoke totally, some of our neighbours smoke, so especially in the summer with windows open

Can`t be as bad as barbecues, our neighbours are a nightmare for them Sad

StrayCat
31 Jan 2013 - 6:58 AM

Whenever I light the barby, my neighbours call the fire dept. It's been the same wherever we've lived.Smile

Dazcourt
Dazcourt  5 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2013 - 8:46 AM

Nicotine is a strange thing - i signed up to this site about 3 years ago but haven't been very active, due to an illness i have "Ulcerative Colitis" - some people with this Disease and also crohn's have Nicotine Therapy to stop it from flaring up!

I've also known people after smoking for many years then pack up and then they get very serious illnesses - maybe the nicotine acts as a barrier.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.