Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

are you supplied gas and electric from Npower? the tax evader?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53627 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2013 - 1:23 PM

Signed the form Smile

If enough of us keep asking why so many can get away with leaving the paying of running the county from the wallets of the man/woman in the street than maybe government will wakeup to the global exploitation that being done in the name of shareholders and at the cost of the majority of us.

I want everybody with a stake in the UK to contribute to the UK. (or what ever country they have their stake in)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Apr 2013 - 1:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 1:30 PM

Quote: Of course, avoiding tax means lower overheads which means lower prices. So you could discuss lower energy prices vs lower taxes.

HA HA and you believe that? in the 70's I think the word would have been "wally"

mikehit
mikehit  56475 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2013 - 1:46 PM

Quote:

HA HA and you believe that? in the 70's I think the word would have been "wally"

Just musing...Grin

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 1:49 PM

No winding UP! I would think,

bored?

I am off duty and chilling out whats yours! Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 30 Apr 2013 - 1:51 PM
mikehit
30 Apr 2013 - 2:20 PM

Why do you assume a wind up? Isn't it valid to ponder and alternative - even one that you think may be wrong?

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 2:28 PM

just musing!

about a wind up?

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 2:34 PM

thought npower.jpg might mike see whats what

Last Modified By User_Removed at 30 Apr 2013 - 2:35 PM
User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 2:36 PM

I am just getting this forum lark!

mikehit
30 Apr 2013 - 2:39 PM

Grin Grin

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 2:40 PM

2 faces? mmmm

Kako
Kako  8140 forum posts
30 Apr 2013 - 2:49 PM

mikehit,

Quote: Of course, avoiding tax means lower overheads which means lower prices. So you could discuss lower energy prices vs lower taxes.

Lower energy prices mean I get to keep the difference. If the energy company paid more taxes, I am pretty sure the government would not give me a lower tax in return because they would find yet another pet project to spend it on.

You seem a bit naive there to think that lower overheads means lower prices for the custiomer...it means higher profits for the company and higher dividend payouts to its shareholders. The customer won't get a look in.

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
30 Apr 2013 - 3:10 PM

Mikehit are you a plant?
It seems on every forum there are a few!

You just seem to make opposite remarks just for effect!
Do you do this for a living or just fun?
Tongue

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 3:17 PM

pablo,
they are called TROLLS not plants !!!!Smile

mikehit
30 Apr 2013 - 3:32 PM

Yes, some comments are tongue in cheek, others are to probe your thoughts - either way I hope to stimulate discussion rather get responses about being a troll, being ill-informed or being duped by the coalition of mass media and ruling classes. It seems as though there is no discussion to be had because the energy company are big and bad and that is all there is to it.

Quote: it means higher profits for the company and higher dividend payouts to its shareholders. The customer won't get a look in.

That is a false dichotomy - I agree on the profit motive (or they would not do it) but that does not preclude any benefits to the customer. Do you have any evidence that if they paid tax in UK that prices would not be affected?

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2013 - 3:38 PM

Quote: I see the treasury is riddled with accountants ON LOAN to help them (the incompetant treasury?) for free from the BIG bean counters! (look'em up) sadly writing in loophole's YOU cant use BUT they can!

you have been had!

The difficulty is that like any Government Department The Treasury can't afford to pay the true going rate for an accountant, therefore it has to buy in (or borrow) expertise, or even worse pay consultants to perform the miracles that most (untrained) Ministers want.

If you want UK based companies to pay more tax, you need to persuade `The Treasury' that the laws are wrong....aaaahhh that means asking the `experts' whether the law is wrong in the first place. Then, say you change the law, Npower (and many other multi-nationals) will pull their operations out of the UK to a place where they can pay less tax. End result lots of job losses, less tax recovered, more tax to pay (or borrow).

It's a never ending circle which HMRC fights against every working day...but it's not just the large multi-nationals that do this...there are thousands of small business which `try' the same techniques. The main stumbling block for SMEs is that they can't afford to pay for the expertise to set up schemes which stay legal.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.