Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

are you supplied gas and electric from Npower? the tax evader?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 3:43 PM

Quote:
The difficulty is that like any Government Department The Treasury can't afford to pay the true going rate for an accountant, therefore it has to buy in (or borrow) expertise, or even worse pay consultants to perform the miracles that most (untrained) Ministers want.

I do hope they are not in the justice system and police force?

cat man: you sound like you are in the treasury! or doing their PR?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Apr 2013 - 3:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  46171 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2013 - 3:45 PM

Quote: cat man: you sound like you are in the treasury! or doing their PR?

heaven forbid he should actually have a valid point...

RogBrown
RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2013 - 3:57 PM

I don't care who Npower do or don't pay their taxes to. I've just moved back to them cos they're offering me the cheapest deal at the moment. When somebody comes along with a better deal, I'll change to them.

User_Removed
30 Apr 2013 - 4:00 PM

I suppose someone will pick up your small savings like you!

you or someone will pay their share!

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2013 - 4:09 PM

Quote:

I do hope they are not in the justice system and police force?

cat man: you sound like you are in the treasury! or doing their PR?

The police and justice ministers ( Home Office) are no different to any other Govt Dept or Agency. They all bow to policies formed by which ever political party is in power at the time.

I have worked with The Treasury in the past, but am not defending them as such, just merely pointing out the frustration that is often felt when 'blame' is cast unwittingly.

We live in a democratic country and we appoint our MPs to represent us (even if they are not of the party we favour and/or voted for). Similarly, we are fortunate that we can choose our energy supplier or coffee Batista. Companies respond, in the main, to financial pressure (rather than political) and so the recourse is to remove your custom.

mikehit
mikehit  46171 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2013 - 4:13 PM

Quote: Oh it's troll man!Tongue

Yep. That's right. I admit that the only reason I have an opinion is because I am a secret employee of the government paid to support their point of view in forums such as this.

Now let's see - you have joined today, made 10 posts in a single thread; two of those to make valid points with the rest disparaging of anyone who disagrees with you. is this what passes for debate on 38degrees?

thewilliam
30 Apr 2013 - 5:00 PM

Quote: I see the treasury is riddled with accountants ON LOAN to help them (the incompetant treasury?) for free from the BIG bean counters! (look'em up) sadly writing in loophole's YOU cant use BUT they can!

The corporations might have paid a lot of money in party donations to have these loopholes written into the law. Why else would anybody want to "give" millions to a political party?

Kako
Kako  8136 forum posts
30 Apr 2013 - 5:40 PM

mikehit,

[quote.

it means higher profits for the company and higher dividend payouts to its shareholders. The customer won't get a look in.
That is a false dichotomy - I agree on the profit motive (or they would not do it) but that does not preclude any benefits to the customer. Do you have any evidence that if they paid tax in UK that prices would not be affected?
[/quote]

If the energy companies had any altruistic streak in them they would not be seeking to evade tax in the first place. Corporate Energy companies do not voluntarily lower prices to customers without the threat of a big 'stick'. Every 'concession' they 'offer' has to be cajoled out of them.

llareggub
llareggub  3664 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Apr 2013 - 5:55 PM

Quote: mikehit,

If the energy companies had any altruistic streak in them

No companies have an "altruistic" streak in them, the larger the company the worst it becomes, people who believe that companies have or should have a moral compass are fooling themselves.

Individuals have moral compasses groups of individuals have no such thing!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.