Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Argghhhhh !

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: op request
andypitstop
24 Feb 2013 - 8:43 PM

I have been on this site for longer than i care to remember and i like to think i have learned alot ! But i really do struggle with picky comments from people whose photographic skill is far from good!
I'm no professional but i think my overall quality of images is fairly good.I don't comment a lot other than to say positive things and always click on worthy images in whatever field. I appreciate people may not like certain styles of photography like the motor sport images which never seem to get the attention i think they deserve, but hey that's only a personal preference and i know how difficult they are to get right and i love the sport !
I think the VS mode has proved that they are appreciated and thank the EPZ guy's & Gals for thinking of it..however much we all moaned about it at the start !
I have a very wide and varied appreciation for photography and the various skills needed ,and i will try my hand at almost all genres especially because of the images on here which are a constant source of ideas and motivation....plus i love the challenge!! that was why i got so into motor sport" i blame certain photographers on here" !!
But going back to the original rant i wish people would think about what they comment and how they say it !! and take into account their personal level of competence and skill level ....
Rant over.....sorry everyone...but i feel better....Andy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Feb 2013 - 8:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andypitstop
24 Feb 2013 - 9:19 PM

Quote: Well it's ok,up to a point.Maybe try using an ND Grad,say 0.6,to control the overexposure on the upright section of wall.It's too white on the upper part.Grin

It'ok but lacks definition.You should,even in that light,be able to easily see the Belle Tout on the farthest headland.I was there in early December 2012.

two comments received today on two images in my portfolio ! i have pm'd the person explaining im not interested in his comments due to the reasons stated above..

Takes a few deep breaths....

quick question....is there a block user choice anywhere ? as i feel that it may be time to assemble toys ready for throwing !!

Last Modified By andypitstop at 24 Feb 2013 - 9:24 PM
oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3773 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 - 9:34 PM

What goes around comes around. Perhaps the commenter was miffed by the way you commented "very average..out of focus,poor light control,lacks definition....", which isn't exactly constructive itself.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41181 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 9:36 PM

Quote: very average..out of focus,poor light control,lacks definition....
Nominate as Constructive Critique

Tit for tat perhaps??

Nick

andypitstop
24 Feb 2013 - 9:41 PM

That was made after his initial comments !! not the best way to handle it perhaps, but made for the reasons stated earlier....

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111517 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 9:42 PM

Quote: I like the juxtapositioning of the two chimneys,almost dividing the shot into three,with good detail in the sky.Nice attempt

Above is a comment from the same poster on another of your shots.

The two comments you refer too are hardly abusive, you just don't like them. I think you're being a little oversensitive.

andypitstop
24 Feb 2013 - 9:48 PM

oversensitive perhaps!!and not abusive no....
but i have contacted him saying politely that i would rather not get comments from him and then obviously the comments increased ! foolish me !

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41181 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 9:48 PM

Quote: That was made after his initial comments !! not the best way to handle it perhaps, but made for the reasons stated earlier....

Not according to the times and dates, it looks like you got your retaliation in first, by a day?

andypitstop
24 Feb 2013 - 9:55 PM

His : A nice-ish shot,though the waters seem a trifle dark.@9:17
my comment @ 9:32

andypitstop
24 Feb 2013 - 10:04 PM

Anyway....life's to short for this.....i very rarely post on forums...and probably because of these reasons....it just really annoyed me..and as the previous person stated .."probably being over sensitive"
could well be right !!..Andy

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 10:07 PM

Andy, Cool it, Then take no notice of matey, Having had a look I have to agree with your assessment.

My guess is that others will check it out and come to their own conclusions.....Grin

Some might say that you don't have to be great at anything to pass comment on a subject, Lets face it a lot of art critics have no idea how to produce a masterpiece......Wink

You gotta laugh at some of the comments though, Just look at the use of words & terminology.....LOL....Grin

I don't advise tit for tat though, That route only gets the attention some people seek......!!!!!!!

Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314968 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 10:08 PM

Quote: But going back to the original rant i wish people would think about what they comment and how they say it !! and take into account their personal level of competence and skill level ....

What has level go to do with it, you don`t need a degree to post an opinion.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 10:13 PM

Could you not just ignore comments you don't agree with. If you think it's abusive send a report and let us take care of it

It's really important we don't discouraging members from critiquing other peoples work which could happen with the kind of approach you've taken

Encouraging critique is what makes most of us able to learn more and most members are happy to accept critique.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54233 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2013 - 10:15 PM

A while ago I made a quite, what I thought, constructive comment on a past member's image and got a very snotty PM back explaining that my opinion was worthless and proceeded to tell me what I should have commented upon. Apparently I'd completely missed the point and he'd appreciate it if I didn't comment on any more of his obviously superior images. Guess what - I completely ignored his message and didn't bother him again. No skin off my nose. Smile

andypitstop
24 Feb 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hi Cameracat ....thanks for the post..i agree tit 4 tat wasn't the best plan....and yes you don't have to be an expert to be a critic...foolishly it really got to me...obviously i am far to sensitive....i put a lot of passion in what i do....Anyway enough from me on the matter....Andy

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: op request