Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Arise Sir David....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

polis_928tadw59
29 Dec 2010 - 12:45 PM

Just opened a letter this morning, telling me I have been awarded a Knighthood and a Baronetcy in the New Year's Honours List. Phoned HM the Queen apologising, and that I did not want them. Not going to the Palace with the likes of Beckham and other supposed celebrities.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Dec 2010 - 12:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 4:12 PM

...but the important question is, do you look as good in your pants?Wink

BarrieNeilPhotography

Every day, The Times publishes a list of well known or notable people who have birthdays on that day. Today (29th December) they mention the singer Aled Jones who is 40 but it actually says SIR Aled Jones. Is that an unintentional error or premature elevation Smile

The list is actually published already but under embargo so journos can do their bit before the day itself but inevitably some info does 'leak' but I think Sir Aled would be hard to understand

Last Modified By BarrieNeilPhotography at 29 Dec 2010 - 6:00 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014796 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 1:17 AM

Did they mention Jesus on the 25th?

f8
f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 1:36 AM

Quote: Where's the adult tag Wink

My thoughts too.Wink

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014796 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 3:30 AM

Depends on who posts them, doesn't it.

Mstphoto
Mstphoto  6126 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 8:56 AM

Still nothing for Bruce Forsyth??

polis_928tadw59
30 Dec 2010 - 12:27 PM

CathyT, Yes, but many years ago. And as regards Bruce, I don't think the Queen could be bothered with him up for a Knighthood - "Nice to kneel in front of you, to kneel in front of you, nice." and " Good game, good game."

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
30 Dec 2010 - 7:53 PM

...probably why Victoria complains about the loss of the last bit of the Andrex.
OK...I admit it, I'm envious and I can't kick a ball either.
.....Mike

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9885 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 9:24 PM

Quote: but what has he actually achieved? He's a washed up footballer who's found a way of converting his footballing fame into being yet another vacuous celebrity who's famous for just being famous

Beckham is an ambassador to sport, the lad has has done so much for sick children too, if we had got the world cup ( rigged vote) I think the whole country would have been calling for "Sir David". An incident a few years ago my local hospital needed vital equipment for sick children and could not afford it David Beckham heard about it and gave them the money for the equipment, to me that is from the heart of a caring man nice pants or not

Kris_Dutson
30 Dec 2010 - 9:43 PM

Even Clarkson likes him so that makes him alright in my book. Wink

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9885 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 12:35 AM

Sorry David, Lizzy has overlooked you for the British Airways chairman Martin Broughton,

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 7:05 AM

Well are we surprised, I mean where was she going to pin it! Grin

cantona43
31 Dec 2010 - 10:05 AM

Quote: I mean where was she going to pin it!

lol fair comment

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 11:00 AM

Looks like no showbiz knighthoods/damehoods this time around. May be the start of a trend? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.