Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

asking for feedback

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jadus
jadus e2 Member 21003 forum postsjadus vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 12:38 PM

Is it usual for a a contributor to create an image on photoshop, post it asking for feedback and then complain when not many people give feedback and those that did didn't notice the trick?

Could someone enlighten me please...................

Is anyone else put off by this behaviour?

Jadus

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Aug 2012 - 12:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paulcr
paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 12:43 PM

Didnt notice what trick?
Paul

jadus
jadus e2 Member 21003 forum postsjadus vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 12:46 PM

a guy put an image of three little owls of which, he reports, two were 'digital siblings', in the wanting serious wildlife feedback group. What is the point of that?

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012596 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 12:50 PM

It wasnt in the the digital category so it was a bit misleading.

paulcr
paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 1:07 PM

I see your feedback was quite analytical and well put so I can see how you would have been annoyed. Its not a bad manip though. Not perfect but not bad. He does come across quite arrrogant though. Paul

jadus
3 Aug 2012 - 1:09 PM

i think the notion of 'a bit misleading' is very generous of you.............

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 1:09 PM

Well, they are all sublime anyway....Wink

jadus
3 Aug 2012 - 1:15 PM

Thanks Paul for the compliment about my feed back. I guess i am annoyed, not only because i put the effort in, but also because i thought someone genuinely wanted to learn.....looking at the guys portfolio he 'teaches' wildlife photography, just leaves me wondering what the game is other than to put those of us that didn't notice the trick in our silly little photography place................

one reason why i have so far avoided photography clubs is because of this behaviour....................

sublime arrogance is not a good way to encourage beginners to get involved.

gjfereday
gjfereday  246 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Aug 2012 - 10:58 PM

Sense of humour required!

jadus
4 Aug 2012 - 8:45 AM

i don't think so...................

gjfereday
gjfereday  246 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Aug 2012 - 9:48 AM

Knowing the guy & u obviously don't u shouldn't comment on arrogance & superiority & neither should Paul! I've only been here about a month & I've learnt a lot but a few minority ruin for those who generally are beginners with the comments u made! That's the sort of behaviour that puts me off! Lighten up!

Jestertheclown
4 Aug 2012 - 10:07 AM

Without a link to the shot or the issue in question, isn't this all a bit pointless?

You can't expect those of us who don't know what you're talking about to be able to form any kind of worthwhile opinion.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2012 - 7:39 PM

Quote: Without a link to the shot or the issue in question, isn't this all a bit pointless?

You can't expect those of us who don't know what you're talking about to be able to form any kind of worthwhile opinion.

This image perhaps...

Jestertheclown

OK.
It's not a bad job of manipulation but I think that, not knowing it was manufactured, I would have questioned the chances of finding that scenario in real life and wondered about its authenticity.
The individual shots are OK without being outstanding as is the finished product, which might go some way to explaining why it hasn't garnered as many votes as he thinks it should.
People have looked and just don't particularly like it.
If he thinks that that, or any other shots he's taken are being undervalued by the voters (of which I'm not one, I never vote on any images), perhaps he should put them up in the critique gallery and get some proper feedback.
As for his being arrogant; well, perhaps he comes over that way a bit but I've seen worse on here.

Bren.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 4 Aug 2012 - 8:03 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315153 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2012 - 8:42 PM

Quote: It's not a bad job of manipulation but I think that, not knowing it was manufactured, I would have questioned the chances of finding that scenario in real life and wondered about its authenticity

No body ever questions the real scenario of photographing Kites at feeding stations Smile

Does it matter

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.