Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Assistance please

cuffit 8 187 2 England
5 Apr 2013 2:44PM
There used to be a page on the site which helped with 'how to upload' and all things on EPZ - I even contributed once to 'how to do hyperlinks some years ago. I cannot find that page of instructions now and the simple question I wanted to ask is 'what is the upload spec for EPZ e2 members. I have found a line in an old message which says 1000 pixels across one edge which will define the other side, but nowhere can I find whether the file size remains 60K - or more for e2. Until upgrading, I just used 60K and 640 pixels along one edge.

Why haven't you searched for this on the site you rightly ask, and well you might? I cannot find the search facility to look through forums or anywhere else for that matter - except within the 'reviews' area but that isn't geared toward searching anything else. I can't see the wood for the trees (but how would I search for landscapes) for the moment as the site seems so busy these days - any pointers would be welcome before my wife has me taken outside and humanely destroyed!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Apr 2013 2:46PM
Try the FAQs . Smile
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2013 3:05PM

Quote:Why haven't you searched for this on the site you rightly ask, and well you might? I cannot find the search facility to look through forums or anywhere else for that matter

Ah... a common question.
To the very right hand end of the menu bar is a little magnifying glass - click on that and the search dialog will appear
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
5 Apr 2013 3:40PM
Hi Chris.
The search facility will search the page/forum/section you are on.
i.e. if you open a forum and click search, then the search is restricted to that forum.
If you search whilst on the Home page, the search relates to the whole site.
The search facility is shown here:

2-epz-search.jpg

The short cut to FAQ's is shown here:

epz-faq-s.jpg

Image size is limited to 600 pixels on the longest side, or 1000 pixels for e2 members.
As far as I know, file size is not restricted...

HTH,

Malc
cuffit 8 187 2 England
5 Apr 2013 6:35PM
Thank you all very much for taking the time and trouble to point the way to 'search'; so easy when shown - how could I have missed it. I think I was fixated on looking for the usual search box within the page. Also, Malc, thanks for the screen grabs, without which I may still be looking for FAQs! Carabosse, your link also a Godsend although without the screen print of its location I would have probably not looked at the menu at the foot of each page in the future - always read the small print as they say!

Again, thanks all.

Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.