Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Asylum shoot

HowardA e2
7 231
29 Oct 2010 2:51PM
Afternoon all.

I haven't posted for a long while but I've been trying to resist an urge to shoot in an abandoned asylum. The urge is proving hard to resist!

I'd like to capture some textures and, ideally, some interesting portraits.

I know access is unlikely to be straightforward but I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in the idea or had already been to one and fancied another visit. I'm based in Berkshire but happy to drive to most places within 2 hrs'ish.

Any interest?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StuartAt e2
10 1.0k 6 England
29 Oct 2010 5:33PM
I'd love to do this, but not really up for the whole 'urbex' experience. If it was all with the owners permission etc then I'd definitely be interested, but I get the impression that this is virtually impossible these days due to health and safety regs.
geoffash26
10 2.5k United Kingdom
29 Oct 2010 5:36PM
Interested will keep an eye on the thread
HowardA e2
7 231
29 Oct 2010 7:50PM
I appreciate that it's not going to be straightforward. Am willing to be flexible in order to get in to somewhere though!
letooms 6 37 United Kingdom
31 Oct 2010 12:23PM
Always up for something like this could be fun
31 Oct 2010 12:38PM
It's great fun. Health and safety wise a minefield though, but then so is climbing a stepladder to change a bulb. But then if everything in life was safe it would be boring, and no matter how much care you take in life you WILL die, so at least live a little first!
Ubexing is not actually as dangerous as some people think provided you use common sense and are aware of things around you and the possible hazards.
James_G e2
7 166 5
31 Oct 2010 4:33PM
Sounds very interesting. Would like to join in if anything is arranged. James

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.