Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

At last, and they won't be missed

redsnappa 12 2.0k United Kingdom
29 Aug 2012 9:22PM
Lexmark to end printer manufacturing
Good riddance to lexmark, thier rubbish printers & massivly overpriced cartridges.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DerekL e2
9 115 24 England
29 Aug 2012 9:29PM
Agree!
You never fell asleep when they were printing.
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
30 Aug 2012 8:15AM
I remember buying one of their cheap printers several years ago. The quality was iffy and when I needed to change the ink cartridges I found that I could buy the same printer with new cartridges for 5.00 more than the price of replacing the cartridges in the old one and this I did!

Ken
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
30 Aug 2012 8:21AM
Well, you know you don't have to buy a Lexmark. It's 1700 people losing there jobs, so I think your comment is a bit harsh.....
thewilliam 6 4.8k
30 Aug 2012 9:48AM
Before buying a new printer, I always check the ink costs very carefully, which is why I never bought Lexmark.

Not all printers use ink at the same rate. Our new Z3200 wide format is incredibly frugal with ink. After 300 feet of paper, most of the toy-size cartridges that came with the machine are still between half and three-quarters full. The old Epson 7800 drank considerably more.
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
30 Aug 2012 12:01PM

Quote:It's 1700 people losing there jobs, so I think your comment is a bit harsh

Absolutely agree. There are enough unemployed around now.
joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2012 11:19AM
Dell inkjet printers were / are based on Lexmark printers - I guess they'll have to get a new supplier or also drop inkjet printers?
rhousham 7 432 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2012 11:36AM
I got a lexmark once an early one - the printers were cheap and rubbish!
I bought a small HP machine and never looked back.
Not great for photos but for my Major Project and Uni was fine!
Richard
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
31 Aug 2012 11:49AM
A friend of mine got a Lexmark - and it became unusable, just out of warranty. So he bought another Lexmark (different model) and, blow me down, exactly the same thing happened.

He now has a Canon......................!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.