Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

At last, I've found it. - The ultimate in LR tuition videos.

canonfan46 5 1.1k United Kingdom
18 Jan 2013 2:34PM
I must have spent a fortune on books and videos about LR and PS. All of it was educational to a point but most of it was very basic.

I studied all the Adobe TV videos, I purchased the 123di programs, I had a monthly subscription to Scott Kelby's programs and many more over the past 3 years. There is no doubt that all these were of great value to me but I have always thought that I wanted a little bit more than they offered. I felt that most of these dealt with the basic working of each function in LR or PS and whilst it is great to know what a slider did, I really needed to know when and why I should use it.

Well Eureka!!!!! I have found it .

"Little Mule Productions".

For anyone who has'ent seen it before, I will not try to explain what it is, check it out for youself.

I downloaded the "Develop" module (16.00) which is 6 hours of video tuition that deals exclusively with the develop mode of LR4. Most other videos that I have would take maybe only 20 minutes to cover the develop module at a very basic level, but this one goes into great depth in "what a slider does, why you would use it and when to use it". I think its brilliant!

Here's a funny thing though.....
For $24.00 you get a link to the tutorial on the guys site and he emails you a password to accesss the videos.

From what I understand, if I was to disclose that one word password here, then everyone who reads this would be able to access the videos free. He asks purchasers to respect the work he has put into making his vidoes by not disclosing the password, so I wont be disclosing it, but its a bit trusting in todays world.

Anyway have a look, there is a free sample video on the tone curve thats worth watching at least.

John

(when are we going to get a spell checker on hereTongue)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
18 Jan 2013 2:49PM
I've watched some of George's free tutorials and they are good. Smile
thewaiter 13 1.2k 9 England
18 Jan 2013 3:09PM
video tutorials are the way I like to learn, I found lynda.com worked for me...
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
18 Jan 2013 8:01PM
Generally speaking I much prefer proper books to video tutorials or other online stuff. But this does look better than some of the stuff you find online.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
19 Jan 2013 11:53AM

Quote:I downloaded the "Develop" module (16.00) which is 6 hours of video tuition that deals exclusively with the develop mode of LR4

I bought this last year, November time, but it was NOT downloadable.
I can only watch it "online " which can be a bit of a problem as the streaming stops from time to time, I guess it is catching up with itself Sad

However, if one perseveres they are quite good but do go into quite a bit of detailed analysis / theory, which can take a few watchings to get your head round, but eventually it falls into place and very educational Smile
canonfan46 5 1.1k United Kingdom
19 Jan 2013 12:05PM

Quote:do go into quite a bit of detailed analysis / theory

Thats why I like it more than the usual simple,basic lessons.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.