Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

At last, I've found it. - The ultimate in LR tuition videos.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    canonfan46
    18 Jan 2013 - 2:34 PM

I must have spent a fortune on books and videos about LR and PS. All of it was educational to a point but most of it was very basic.

I studied all the Adobe TV videos, I purchased the 123di programs, I had a monthly subscription to Scott Kelby's programs and many more over the past 3 years. There is no doubt that all these were of great value to me but I have always thought that I wanted a little bit more than they offered. I felt that most of these dealt with the basic working of each function in LR or PS and whilst it is great to know what a slider did, I really needed to know when and why I should use it.

Well Eureka!!!!! I have found it.

"Little Mule Productions".

For anyone who has'ent seen it before, I will not try to explain what it is, check it out for youself.

I downloaded the "Develop" module (16.00) which is 6 hours of video tuition that deals exclusively with the develop mode of LR4. Most other videos that I have would take maybe only 20 minutes to cover the develop module at a very basic level, but this one goes into great depth in "what a slider does, why you would use it and when to use it". I think its brilliant!

Here's a funny thing though.....
    For $24.00 you get a link to the tutorial on the guys site and he emails you a password to accesss the videos.

From what I understand, if I was to disclose that one word password here, then everyone who reads this would be able to access the videos free. He asks purchasers to respect the work he has put into making his vidoes by not disclosing the password, so I wont be disclosing it, but its a bit trusting in todays world.

Anyway have a look, there is a free sample video on the tone curve thats worth watching at least.

John

(when are we going to get a spell checker on hereTongue)

Last Modified By canonfan46 at 18 Jan 2013 - 2:36 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Jan 2013 - 2:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104025 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2013 - 2:49 PM

I've watched some of George's free tutorials and they are good. Smile

thewaiter
    thewaiter  131177 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2013 - 3:09 PM

video tutorials are the way I like to learn, I found lynda.com worked for me...

User_Removed
    18 Jan 2013 - 8:01 PM

Generally speaking I much prefer proper books to video tutorials or other online stuff. But this does look better than some of the stuff you find online.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jan 2013 - 11:53 AM

Quote: I downloaded the "Develop" module (16.00) which is 6 hours of video tuition that deals exclusively with the develop mode of LR4

I bought this last year, November time, but it was NOT downloadable.
    I can only watch it "online " which can be a bit of a problem as the streaming stops from time to time, I guess it is catching up with itself Sad

However, if one perseveres they are quite good but do go into quite a bit of detailed analysis / theory, which can take a few watchings to get your head round, but eventually it falls into place and very educational Smile

canonfan46
    19 Jan 2013 - 12:05 PM

Quote: do go into quite a bit of detailed analysis / theory

Thats why I like it more than the usual simple,basic lessons.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.